1.17 | The Particle Collider

Capítulo XVII- El Colisionador De Partículas

     Older Leo hung out with Leo and Patience throughout the school day. One, to help Leo throughout the day before he goes back and two, to hang out with Patience. It hadn't been long since he's seen Patience, in fact, he recently saw her two days ago. Patience's features hadn't changed much from today to seven years in the future.

     Leo remembered how Patience would suppress her sadness a put on a smile to help Leo, Mr. Davenport, and Tasha with Adam, Bree, and Chase's death. Forgetting about herself and her feelings making sure those around her were okay.  He remembers how her eyes weren't as dilated alert of her surroundings and bags underneath her eyes formed, too fatigued to do some things. Yet she pushed it away to make Leo feel better. Patience had suppressed it as much she could for weeks but it physically showed how she was feeling.

     It wasn't until Leo sat down with her and told her it was okay for her to show her emotions. Though she kept refusing she finally let go of what she had been trying to hide for weeks. 

     It had been seven years since they lost Adam, Bree, and Chase. While Mr. Davenport had been trying to work on a time travel machine, Leo didn't want to give Patience any hope in case it didn't work. 

     Older Leo, Leo, and Patience strolled into the lab, finding Mr. Davenport building the rover for the particle collider mission. "Hey, Big D. I got an 'A; on my history test," Leo bragged.

     Mr. Davenport glanced up taking off the protective mask, "Yeah? Did you cheat by getting the answers from future you?"

     "Without doubt," Patience nodded.

     Older Leo and Leo turned to each other and back at Mr. Davenport, "So, how's the rover coming along?"

     "Almost ready." The rover crackled and sparks flew causing a small explosion. "You know what. Are you sure Adam, Bree, and Chase don't make it?"

     "Mr. Davenport, why would Leo come back and lie something about that?"

     "Here, I'll show you. We downloaded the security camera footage from the control room," Older Leo pulled out a device from his pocket. The video showed Chase use his forcefield to power down the collider.

     "Well, They shut it down. They completed their mission. You came back from the future for nothing. I think this calls for a cookie," Mr. Davenport smiled.

     "You haven't seen the ending." Adam, Bree, and Chase hugged in celebration. But the room shook and debris sprinkled down above them. The alarm sounded and chunks of the ceiling fell on Adam, Bree, and Chase. The camera glitched and shut off.

     Patience gasped and held both Leo's hands. She and Leo looked at each other and they glanced up at older Leo. 

     "Scratch that cookie," Mr. Davenport sighed,  "I gotta make this thing mission ready."