1.15 | Mission Simulator

Capítulo XV- Misión Simulador

     Patience whipped up Leo's favorite chocolate frosting cake. While the cake cooled she had gone back to the Davenport-Dooley mansion to help Adam, Bree, and Chase with the birthday decorations. The following day Patience unlocked the door with the spare key Bree lent her for the occasion. Patience opened the fridge and shoved the cake in there. She was sure Leo wouldn't be rummaging through the fridge anytime soon.

      She took the elevator to the lab and spot Adam and Chase blowing up balloons. "Hey, guys. The cake is ready and upstairs in the fridge."

     "Great, all we need is a couple more balloons and we're set," Chase tied the balloon in his hands. "Wait a sec, how are we gonna get these balloons upstairs without Leo noticing?"

     "Oh, no problem." Adam picked up a pen and popped the nine balloons they blew. Chase glared at Adam and sighed.

     Patience nodded, "Well, there's one way to do it."

     The lab doors opened and Leo walked in with his head hanging low. Patience, Adam, and Chase panicked pushing all the popped balloons off the table. Chase threw the ballon crown off Adams's head and they both covered the helium tank behind them.

     "Guys, my mom's actually going to an awards banquet. She's not throwing me a surprise party."

     "Oh," Adam said, hiding the tank behind the table.

     "Oh, no! That's awful!" Chase emphasized, falsely. "We gotta go," Chase and Adam zoomed out the Lab leaving Patience and Leo behind.

     "Hey, where you goin'? It's my birthday!" Leo yelled. "Patience where are they going?"

     She laughed and terribly tried to distract Leo, "Uh, that is an excellent question, Leo. Where is everyone going these days?"

     Leo sauntered to Eddy. "Eddy, open these doors."

     "Oh, but if I did, I'd ruin the surprise party they're planning for you."

     "Eddy!" Patience wined.

     Leo grinned, "You're throwing me a surprise party?"

     "Yeah, surprise!" she did the jazz hands.

     Eddy cut in, "Yeah, what a bunch of lame-os. I wouldn't expect much."

     "Now, we gotta wait for them to give Eddy the word. It shouldn't be long. Hey, did you work on your surprised face?" Patience pointed at Leo.

     "Yeah, which one should I use. These are my top three," Leo proceeded to show Patience his surprised faces.

     She couldn't help but narrow her eyes at him unable to decide which one. They all equally looked the same besides the first and third ones. They both had his hands pressed on his face. "I don't know. Maybe the third one. It seems more authentic."