4.18 | The C-Team

XVIII- El equipo C

XVIII- El equipo C

     Patience's knee bounced underneath the table. She picked up a few words exchanged between Douglas and Bree. She inputted every few times, but it wasn't needed anymore after she explained what happened. Her forehead creased looking at the salt shaker sitting at the table, meanwhile, her finger tapping on the table matched the rhythm of her bouncing knee as the frustration built inside her.

     She couldn't believe Chase would take advantage of another human being and use them as a guinea pig. She thought he would understand after Mr. Davenport had overworked and taken advantage of them. In fact, they had an entire strike against it two years ago for more freedom. Unfortunately, his desperate need to find a way to control the Commando App made him forget about his humanity.

     He had no reason to interfere with Kate. She didn't know about her ability and Chase was specifically told three times not to trigger her Commando App. Even if Bree didn't tell him he shouldn't, Douglas was in charge to an extent when Mr. Davenport was not present and Kate was Patience's student. He needed to listen to what she thought was best for her at the moment.

     But maybe she should have told Kate the truth about the Commando app. If she had known then she could have avoided Chase trying to manipulate it and frighten her. There would have been some sort of control. Besides that, it would prepare Kate in case her app did get triggered before they removed it from her chip.

     Patience turned her head to the person tapping her shoulder. Xue discreetly pointed to Douglas and Bree. She mumbled, "Sorry." She tapped back into the conversation, relaxing her face and opening her eyes. However, everyone saw her eyes burning holes into the salt shaker, each person wondering what was going through her head.

     "So, he turned Kate into Spikette even though we told him not to?" Douglas's fingers tensed, his whole hand gesturing to his chest, "You know, I try to be the fun uncle, but you people make it so hard!"

     "It's okay, Uncle Dougie," Bob placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I appreciate your efforts."

     Douglas glanced at the hand, then back at Bob. He shrugged his shoulder, "I'm not your Uncle Dougie." He set the chip extractor on the table, "The only way to stop the app is to manually override the chip."

     Patience grabbed the device from Douglas's hands, "She could snap this in half. So, we have to hold her down." Patience looked at her students surrounding the table, "We can all stop her if we work together."

     "We're gonna have to use physical force to restrain her, which means you're gonna have to get aggressive." Douglas told Apollo and Xue, "Really aggressive. Spikette needs to meet her match, and that's whatever anger you two have in your little teenage bodies."

      Xue's jaw dropped. "What're you looking at me for?"

      "Don't lie to yourself. It's what fuels your fire."