3.8 | Lunar Eclipse

Capítulo XIII- Eclipse Lunar

     Tonight was the night of the lunar eclipse. Chase and Patience organized the astronaut pellets they made on a plate for everyone to try. Adam strolled down the stairs and Chase and Patience approached him. "Adam!" Patience called out, "Wanna try our astronaut pellets."

     "You're just in time." Chase's smile brightened, "I'm having a viewing party for tonight's big lunar eclipse!"

     Adam glimpsed around the room, "Yep, all dudes, no girls but Patience. Definitely a Chase party."

     However, Chase and Patience's smiles didn't drop. Chase beamed, "It's gonna be awesome. We even prepared an out-of-this-world feast. These are freeze-dried food pellets just like the ones astronauts eat."

     "There's a whole meal in each one of these cubes." Patience picked one up, "This is turkey, peas, and mashed potatoes."

     "Wow, congrats, guys. You actually found a way to ruin food," Adam deadpanned.

     Chase chewed on a pellet, saying, "No, we made it better."

     "Oh really? Food fight!" Adam tossed the cube at Chase. It flicked off his shirt to the plate. "See, that's just lame."

     "Well, food isn't meant to be wasted," Patience pointed out.

     Mr. Davenport ran in through the front door, "Come on, guys, you're gonna miss the lunar eclipse. I haven't been this excited since the meteor shower of '98!"

     Chase set the plate on the coffee table and he and Patience bolted outside. They viewed the moon above them, the earth's shadow hadn't passed by yet. Adam stopped at the doorway, "I think 98's the last time I actually took a shower."

     Chase stood in front of the telescope, looking up at the sky, "I cannot wait to see this!"

     "Well, you're gonna have to." Mr. Davenport shoved Chase out of the way and he bumped into a plant beside him. Mr. Davenport squatted down, looking through the telescope. "It's beautiful."

     "Oh, let us see," Patience chirped. Mr. Davenport moved out of the way to let Chase and Patience see.

     But Adam propelled the pair out of the way, "My turn." He crouched to look at the eclipse. Chase and Patience shared offended glances. "Wow! Cool! What am I lookin' at?"

     "Adam, a lunar eclipse is a rare and breathtaking event. The moon is passing directly behind the earth blocking the light that normally illuminates it," explained Mr. Davenport. They glanced up at the moon as the earth's shadow covered it.

     "Wow! Nothing more exciting than a slow-moving shadow," Adam sarcastically said.

     "Watching a lunar eclipse takes time and patience. We're gonna be here all night."