1.10 | 'Chase the Dream'

Capítulo X- 'Chase the Dream'

     Patience had never sent so many messages in under a minute. She spammed Adam, Bree, Chase, and Leo's phones after seeing her best friend on the television claiming not only his middle name to be "Danger" but stopping a train from crashing into Welkerville. They finally answered and Leo facetimed her when they arrived at the lab. They snatched the phone off each other's hands as they told their part of the story, voices overlapping one another.

     She tried her best to pick up what they said all at once. The best she could make out was their first mission had almost been their last. Leo snuck into the mission bag leaving out the device they needed to stop the train. However, luckily, Leo did have a plan to save the train after nearly killing them. That put some ease onto Patience. Not to mention, they wouldn't stop talking about it for three days.

     Bree walked alongside Patience after homeroom. She had her progress report in one hand and glanced at her grades as she listened to Bree. "I can't believe Chase threw my phone off the train."

     Patience quirked an eyebrow taking a look at her. "Weren't you talking to Caitlin while your lives were on the line?"

     "Yeah, but he could have at least thrown it someplace in the train. Now, I have to wait for Mr. Davenport to take me because I didn't want his Davenphone. What am I supposed to do? I can't call or text you or Caitlin."

     "Well, I'm always at your house until my dad gets home and we see each other at school. I think you'll be okay until then."

     "I went years without a phone, what will two days do?" 

     Adam smiled setting eyes on the girls approaching his locker. He rushed up to them holding his bag, "Guys, check out what I've done with my locker!" He ran back to it and unlocked it. It swung open showing his gym shoes smuggled next to his textbooks on the top shelf. The other section had a set of multi-colored Christmas lights hanging from the top shelf and a fish bowl poster stuck to the wall. Small plastic dinosaurs, a spider, and a dragonfly were glued to the door. Including a to-do list written in his small and crooked handwriting on a whiteboard. 

     He pulled on the sling toy. "Tah-dah!" It popped back into place. "Here's where I keep my books. Down here I keep random strands of hair I've collected to make fake mustaches." He placed it on his upper lip wiggling his eyebrows. "And here is where I stockpile old lunches or as I like to call it, my tum-tum yum-yums."

     Patience warned, "Adam, how many times have I told you you're gonna get food poisoned eating that?"

     Adam put a hand on her shoulder, "Oh, Patience, when you're bionic you don't need to worry about food poisoning."