4.17 | Meet Spikette

Capítulo XVII - Los presentó a Spikette

Patience glanced over Douglas's shoulder to view the bionics listed on the device. Her students were up first to test the device he made to view their list of abilities. Her students were a bit weary of her trying the device after his past creations like the Stabber 2000, Plague in a Bottle, and the torturing lie detector test Bob once experienced. So to have her students feel secure, she stood by Douglas's side and supervised him.

Silvia cut her conversation with Apollo behind her as her turn was next. She was the sixth person in line for the testing and so far no one has had any side effects. The suspicion was no longer in her eyes as she tilted her head away from the device. Douglas hovered it over her exposed neck. A small beep came after the click and Douglas read over the two words on the screen.

Patience said, typing onto her tablet, "You have invisibility!"

"Wait, really?" Silvia reached for the device and turned it to herself. "I do! That is gonna come in so handy."

"I don't trust you one bit with that app," Apollo stated, taking a step back.

"Why's that?"

"'Cause, you're always hitting me."

"That's cause you're always doing stupid things."

Xue raised her hand, "I can second that as a witness."

Apollo crossed his arms and sent her a side-eye. "Don't look at her like that. You know it's true, you're attitude is nasty 8 out of 10 times," Silvia defended.

Douglas nodded, "You're really moody, it's kinda sad sometimes."

"Okay," Patience clapped her hands. She didn't know how to deal with their arguments and cringed when Apollo and Xue spoke. It was something she would need to work on between them. "We can debate on Apollo's politeness later. We're holding up the line."

Silvia stepped to the side. Apollo exposed his neck as he rolled his eyes at Douglas. "What's up, Douglas? Doing a price check on bionic kids?" Leo asked, popping up behind him.

"Ooh, I wonder how much I'm worth," Adam questioned.

"Well, we could sell you for parts and find out," Chase crossed his arms, grinning.

"All right. Well, just don't sell the part that does this!" He drew his fist back and punched Chase on his arm.

Chase clutched his shoulder, "Ow!"

Patience put some space between Adam and Chase. She explained, "Douglas is cataloging everyone's bionic abilities. We started with my students and I'm noting down their abilities for their future training."

"Oh, cool, count me in," Adam said.

Bree placed her hands on her hips and shrugged. "Adam, we already know what your abilities are."