2.33 | Christmas Rescue Mission

Capítulo XXXIII- Misión de Rescate en Navidad

     It was Christmas Eve. With Dante working this day, Patience and Dante couldn't make it to her grandma's house this year for Christmas. Luckily they had New Year. But this year they were going to spend their Christmas day at Patience's best friends' house.

     Patience wore a Santa hat on her head, helping them decorate the house to spread holiday cheer. She, Adam, and Chase had just finished putting up decorations outside. Adam and Patience whipped up a recipe for sugar cookies to shape and decorate in the kitchen as they waited for Chase.

     They had a cutting board out, rolling the dough. Patience chose the snowman and pressed the cutters against the dough. She picked it up and set it on the already oil sprayed sheet pan. 

     "Donald," Tasha began, "I just noticed the holiday cards we mailed out. What happened to the family portrait we took to celebrate our first Christmas together?"

     Patience laughed. Just last week, the Valmorida family received one of those letters. Mr. Davenport's face was photoshopped on three random reindeer with the letters, Happy Davendays! in bold red letters.

     "Oh," Mr. Davenport chuckled, "I shredded those, these are way more festive."

     In his full Santa suit, Adam rose from the stool, "Who wants a Christmas cookie?" he offered, carrying the tray with an oven mitten.

     Leo glanced down at the tray, "Guys, those aren't even cooked."

     Patience smiled, "Because we're taking 10 minutes in the oven to five seconds using heat vision." Adam used his heat vision to bake the cookies. However, instead of them coming out a golden brown, they smoked up and set fire.

     Adam grinned, pushing the tray towards Leo, "Careful, they may be hot." He blew out the flames.

     Patience pursed her lips, "I'm beginning to think that was a bad idea."

     Bree entered the great room through the front door, "Who covered the entire house in blinking lights? People already think we're weird, we don't need to shine a light on it."

     "Adam, Chase, and I did," Patience answered. "Speaking of which, where is Chase?"

     "Oh, he's still outside decorating," Adam continued, "I want to make sure Santa Claus comes to our house first!"

     "Adam, we all love Christmas, but I think you're going a little overboard." A loud thump repeatedly hit the door. It propped open and Chase hopped in tied up with multicolored Christmas lights. Bree laughed, "That, however, is spot on."

     Patience's lips curled up, "You put him up as decoration?"

     Chase licked his lips in annoyance at his brother. "Hey, get back up on the roof. You're ruining our display!" Adam demanded.