3.4 | Jet Wing Catastrophe

Capítulo IV- Un Catástrofe de Jet-Wing

     Leo and Patience dragged themselves around town to find sponsors for Mr. Davenport. They even made calls from Patience's cellphone, but no one gave in on an ex-billionaire who wants to fly across their city. By Saturday, the only sponsor they got was Go-Go Global Pack and Ship.

     Mr. Davenport spoke to people next beside Chase, Leo, and Patience with the jet-wing on his back. Everything was ready for launch. The three organized their working area, Chase and Patience already had their headsets on their heads. 

     "I still can't believe you only landed one sponsor," Mr. Davenport hugged his helmet closer to him. 

     Leo's eyebrows rose, "You're lucky we got one. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a sponsor for an old guy who thinks he can fly?"

     "The best you could do was Go-Go Global Pack and Ship?"

     Patience cut in, "At least we have a sponsor for this, but there are some conditions. You only get paid if you survive. There are some perks if you don't, whatever is left of you gets shipped to your home state for free."

     Leo continued, "Alaska and Hawaii not included. You're also contractually obligated to say 'Go-Go Global Pack, and Ship' throughout your flight."

     Chase mumbled, "That's gonna be hard for him. He's not used to promoting anything but himself." Patience laughed in agreement.

     "All right, two minutes to launch," Leo rose two fingers. Mr. Davenport's uneven breathing and blinking eyes grasped Leo and Patience's attention. 

     Patience asked, "Mr. Davenport, are you okay? You don't look so good."

     Mr. Davenport whispered, "I'm not sure I can do this."

     Leo confidently said, "Of course, you can. You're Donald Davenport, and the Donald Davenport I know doesn't let anything get in the way of protecting his family."

     "You're right, Leo. I'm doing this for my family. I got this," he clenched his fist, nodding.

     Tasha shuffled over to them, "Okay, guys, we're about to start the webcast. Tasha Davenport presents, 'Look Out Below: A Jet-Wing Catastrophe'."

     Mr. Davenport hunched over, "Oh, for-"

     "It's just for ratings."

     "Your helmet-cam is up and running. I'll man mission control, and cue you when it's time to release your parachute for the landing," Chase explained.

     Patience traveled to the chair next to Chase as Mr. Davenport squeaked, "Okay."

     Leo put a comforting hand on Mr. Davenport, "Ready to roll, Big D?"