3.14 | Second Chances

Capítulo XIV- Segundas Oportunidades

Patience chewed on a pita chip as Douglas fixed Bree's chip. She and Leo spent the entire time pacing around as Douglas did his thing. She kept a close eye on him in case Douglas tried to do something. Which he did, but Patience had to do what she had to do; give him a small threat since it was the only way he would listen.

Leo checked the time on his phone, "Big D's gonna be back any minute. Do something!"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear ya. Could you say it a little louder!" Douglas retorted. He punched things into the console, "There. It's as close to the original design as I can get."

Leo munched on the chips, "If your microchips are as good as your pita chips, I think we're in good shape."

Patience turned to Bree's clanking heels behind her. Her's and Leo's eyes widened. "Leo, Patience, what is he doing here?"

"Bree, it's okay. We allowed him here," Patience assured.

"He's the only one who can help you," Leo pointed to Douglas.

Bree sighed, "I don't know about this."

"We don't have a choice. Do you wanna be bionic or not?"

The chip fabricator dinged it was ready and Douglas picked it out. "Ah, chip's ready if you are." He took a whiff of the chip, "Why does it smell like pepperoni?"

"Okay, fine. But this better work. Wait." Before Bree grasped the chip, she asked, "You're not gonna, like, turn me evil, are you?"

"I already tried. Patience caught me in the act, dangerous little thing," Douglas motioned to her. Patience smiled at him.

Bree took her chip and stepped into her capsule. Leo spoke with his mouth full, "Don't worry, Bree. I think we can trust him. What bad guy makes baba ghanoush this good?" Her capsule closed.

Douglas grinned, "Got a really good feeling about this." The bionic chip was implanted into the back of Bree's neck and she exited her capsule. "Okay, go ahead. Test it out."

Bree smiled, took a deep breath, and took off. She super sped forward with no trouble. Patience cheered, "It worked!" She and Leo high-fived.

Bree super sped by them yelling, "I can't stop!"

Leo exclaimed, "I thought you knew what you were doing!"

"I'm a little rusty, okay!"

Mr. Davenport entered the lab, pointing at Douglas, "How did he get in here?"

Leo and Patience stood in front of Douglas. Patience quickly said, "We let him in! So, don't get mad at him, get mad at us."

Leo held his hand out with the baba ghanoush, stepping toward Mr. Davenport, "But...before you get mad, you've got to taste this." Patience joined in and raised her eyebrows, gesturing to the dish.