1.9 | A Dance and Nachos

Capítulo XI- Un Baile y Nachos

     Dante dropped Patience and Bree off at the student drop-off near the gym. The usual gym filled with sweaty teens in gym class had teens talking amongst themselves, eating, or dancing. Balloons, ribbons, and lights cast blue and purple, illuminating the gym. Patience and Bree both linked their arms as she struggled on the heels. Patience didn't realize that walking on the carpet with heels was different from walking on cement or wooden floors. 

     They avoided the looks they got as Bree stumbled into the gym. "Hello, Boys," she smirked, releasing herself from Patience's arms. She strutted to her siblings but her ankle rolled to the side. She composed herself, ignoring the looks of Adam, Chase, and Leo.

     "Okay, if you're gonna dance in those shoes," Leo pointed a the blue high heels, "I suggest wearing a helmet."

     Patience smiled, "Bree's got this. She's a fast learner. This time she only rolled her ankle once." She glanced behind her and Ethan turned around recognizing Bree and Patience's voices. She tapped her, "Oh, here comes Ethan."

     His hands were tucked into his jeans, complimenting her, "Hey, Bree. Wow, you look great." His gentle smile made her turn around. The heels stopped her from getting any further than a step. 

     Bree looked at Patience for help. Patience took a deep breath with her and motioned her fingers to a smile, mouthing, "Smile." 

     Bree nodded and exhaled. Her hair flipped facing him again as he asked, "You okay?"

     She shrugged, assuring, "Yeah, I'm fine." She swung her arms around and bent her knees to the rhythm of the song, "Just grooving to the beat."

     Ethan reached for her hand, "Cool. Let's dance." Bree slipped her hand into his and glanced back at Patience who sent her a smile with two thumbs up. Bree focused her attention on Ethan as he taught her how to dance. However, when it was Bree's turn, she spun them around the dance floor and out the gym door with her bionics.

     Patience pursed her lips, "I should have taught her how to dance."

     "Luckily, Leo taught me how to dance," Chase popped his collar. 

     "He did?" Patience surveyed Leo and he sent her a nervous smile. "Chase, what kind of-"

     "There you are," Danielle offered her hand to Chase, interrupting Patience. "Wanna dance?" 

     Chase smirked, quirking an eyebrow. "Actually... I'm feeling a bit famished. I think it's time for the 'Refrigerator' dance," he and Leo pointed at each other. 

     "Do your thing, big boy," Leo grinned, pushing him towards Danielle. 

     Chase gently took her hand and led her to the dance floor. Adam stepped closer to the best friends as Patience rested an elbow on Leo's shoulder, "Leo, what did you do?"