3.10 | A Warning

Capítulo X- Un Aviso

     As usual, Mr. Davenport called Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, and Patience down to the lab. Instead of 'work' this time, he showed them his new motorcycle. They checked out the new bike as they waited for Mr. Davenport.

     He came in in all leather from his jacket to his boots, "So, what do you think?"

     Chase quirked an eyebrow, "I think you're begging for a gang of bikers to do rotten things to you."

     Mr. Davenport's smile faltered. Patience assured, "We're just trying to keep you safe."

     Bree furrowed her brows at Mr. Davenport's pants, "Are those my pants?"

     "Not anymore," he adjusted his jacket. Mr. Davenport gestured to the bike, "I call her the 'Daven-cycle'. She's got auto-pilot, laser-guided weapon systems, and a tiny little flower vase," he took a small bundle of flowers out of his jacket and plopped it in the vase, "to brighten your day."

     "Whoa, cool. Throw in a tiny basket for Chase to ride in and we're good to go," Adam teased.

     Patience narrowed her eyes at the familiar flowers, "Hey, did you pluck those from my plants?"

     Mr. Davenport avoided her gaze, "Maybe."

     "Hello! Anybody home!" Douglas waved at them through the monitors on the wall.

     "He hacked you again? Would it kill you to spend forty bucks on some security software?" Leo asked Mr. Davenport.

     "Love the new lab, Donny. Ooh, tunnels!" Douglas chuckled, "Industrial, yet classy."

     "Take a hint, ex-brother. There's a reason why none of us accepted your buddy requests."

     "Oh, I accepted it." Everyone sent Adam looks. "What? His updates are hilarious." Adam imitated Douglas, "'Looking forward to a weekend of evil, winky-face.'" he winked.

     Douglas informed them, "Listen, I don't have a lot of time. Krane'll be back soon. He went out to get his head waxed."

     "Fascinating. You know what? It might sound like I'm hanging up."

     Before Mr. Davenport could end the call, Douglas continued, "Wait! Wait, wait, wait! This isn't another trick! You're in danger. Krane has completely lost it!"

     Chase sarcastically said, "Oh, wow! So, the guy who keeps implanting himself with bionics is unstable? Who could have seen that coming?" Adam raised his finger and pointed at himself.

     "I'm serious! Krane is using my technology to give himself new abilities I didn't even know were possible! He's a ticking time-bomb, and he sees you three as a threat!"