3.1 | An Offering

Capítulo I- Una Ofrenda

     Patience did not come home last night. Dante drove over to the Davenport-Dooley mansion. Tasha truthfully told him she heard an explosion and Mr. Davenport, Leo, and Patience were locked in the elevator shaft. Their conversation also included Adam, Bree, and Chase's disappearance.

     "Leo! Patience!" Tasha exclaimed, seeing them exit through the elevator doors. Tasha welcomed them with open arms and Leo and Patience hugged Tasha together. "I heard an explosion, I was so worried!"

     Patience let go of Tasha seeing Dante behind her and almost tackled him with a hug. "Oh, thank goodness you're all okay," Dante tightly held her. 

     Mr. Davenport hugged his wife, "I'm so glad you're okay."

     Releasing from his hold, Tasha asked, "How did you fix the elevator?"

     "Well, it was incredibly difficult, but in the face of great adversity-"

     Leo cut off Mr. Davenport, "Patience and I shimmied up the shaft and flipped the emergency switch while he cried."

     "I coached them," Mr. Davenport corrected. "At least my sprinkler system put the fire out before it spread to the rest of the house when Douglas blew up the lab."

     "Douglas? I thought you locked him up?" Dante furrowed his eyebrows.

     "He escaped or at least someone helped him escape."

     "How bad is the lab?" Tasha asked.

     Mr. Davenport, Leo, and Patience glanced at each other, the looks of distraught told them everything. They stepped back into the working elevator to check the lab's condition. Patience held her dad's hand, the elevator made her feel slightly claustrophobic. The doors open and the group of five carefully made their way around.

     The support beams were slanted, barely clinging to the roof. Shards of glass sprinkled the ground and wires stuck out of the demolished cyber desks. The capsules that were once indestructible were out of place, thrown to the side, and shattered. 

     "It's worse than I thought," Mr. Davenport stood in the middle of the lab.

     Leo frowned, "The blast took out everything."

     "I can't believe your own brother would do this. He could have killed Leo and Patience," Tasha put her hand on their shoulders. Mr. Davenport sent her a look. "And you."

     "Our mission specialist desk," Patience spotted her name tag on the floor next to the broken vase. The flowers were crumbled up, she picked one up and it dissolved in her hand.

     Leo raised his pointer fingers, "Okay, this just got real! I'm gonna hurt Douglas where he lives!" He backtracked, "As soon as I find out where he lives."