3.17 | Acceptance

Capítulo XVII- Aceptación

Patience blinked in and out of consciousness. She caught a glimpse of her blood-soaked legs, a sob escaped her lips at the pulsing pain. Flashes of lights and doctors' faces flashed her vision whenever she woke up. Until one moment everything stopped.

Patience's eyes peeked open. With her eyes still sensitive to the light, she covered them up again. She deeply inhaled and exhaled, Patience's eyes slowly adjusted. She lifted her head from the pillow and arched forward. Her velcro hospital gown was still attached to her body along with the hospital socks.

Recognizing the small lair, Patience scooted away against the wall. Before she could yell, Douglas stood in front of her and placed his hands out, "Patience, calm down. Calm down, you don't wanna wake Leo up."

She turned to a sleeping Leo strapped on the surgical bed, a bandage was wrapped around his right arm. "Why are we in Krane's lair." Patience patted her legs and wiggled her toes, they were perfectly fine. There was no more sharp pain or blood, she was able to move them with no problem. "What did you do?"

"I did what I had to do. It was the only place I knew that had the necessary equipment to fix you. Go ahead, stand up." Patience gave him a skeptical glance. She stood up straight, not a single bone or muscle hurt as she did so. "Surprise, Patience. You're bionic."

Patience's jaw dropped, "Wait, what?"

"Bionic."

"I- what- why?"

"The doctors said you wouldn't be able to walk again. So, I made a bionic chip that has regeneration capabilities. It was something I was working on for Krane, I hadn't quite figured it out until now. I had to add a touch of super strength to stabilize it."

"I have regeneration capabilities?"

"Yep, and a small dose of super strength-"

"I can't believe this." Patience harshly whispered, "What do I do?"

"Well, you could start off by saying thank you."

Patience sheepishly laughed, "Oh, right, sorry. Thank you for helping me."

Leo woke from his slumber. The first thing that slipped from his mouth was, "Where am I? Wait. This is Krane's warehouse. Help! Help! Somebody help, please!"

Patience rushed to his side, "Leo, it's okay. We're okay, Douglas is here with us."

"Where's Krane?"

"He abandoned this place a while ago," Douglas answered. "The guy's got hideouts everywhere. You should see his torture chamber in Palm Beach. It's gorgeous."

"Patience, how-" Leo glanced at her legs.

"It was Douglas. He helped us."

Douglas told Leo, "I had to bring you here. It was the only place I knew with the necessary equipment."