3.11 | Human Oven

Capítulo XI- Horno para humanos

     If you were to ask Patience, 'Where do you think a madman would kidnap you?', she would say maybe walking alone. Today, however, she, Leo, and Tasha were kidnapped in broad daylight after Tasha had to pick them up from school early. They were about to get in the car when Krane used force on them and now they were in his warehouse, tied up back to back.

     "Help!"

     "Help!"

     "Help!"

     They knew their calls were useless considering they were in a quieter place in town with no houses near but trains passing by. They still tried to yell just in case someone managed to hear them. 

     "Can anybody hear us?"

     "Help us!"

     "I knew it! Douglas has them!" Leo, Patience, and Tasha turned their heads to the screen, Mr. Davenport, Adam, Bree, and Chase were on the other side of the monitor.

     Krane's tall figure stood in front of the screen, blocking Patience's view, "Guess again." He moved aside to let Mr. Davenport, Adam, Bree, and Chase see Leo, Patience, and Tasha tied up.

     Chase stepped forward, "Guys! Don't worry. We'll get you out of there."

      Adam leaned towards his brother, "Chase, don't make promises you can't keep!" Bree and Chase gave Adam looks.

     "So you're Victor Krane. Love the face," Mr. Davenport sarcastically said, motioning to his face. "Do you get all the premium channels on that thing, or-"

     "Enough. Hand over the bionic kids," Krane calmly demanded.

     "Not gonna happen."

     "This isn't a game. I've sent you my coordinates. They have ten minutes to get here, or I downsize two families."

     "Donald!" Tasha called.

     Krane ended the call and came towards them. The three stowed away from him. Krane had a permanent scar along the side of his face, pieces of metal bulged out of his skin. It trailed from the back of his bald head to the right side of his face. Patience was sure it was permanent damage from the bionics Douglas gave him.

     Patience questioned, "Where's your partner in crime? Literally, he is your partner in crime."

     The stoic look on Krane's face didn't change, "I work alone now, I got rid of him hours ago."

     Leo furrowed his eyebrows, "Wait, like rid-rid."

     Krane nodded, "He gave me all the technology I needed, I didn't need him anymore."

     Leo, Patience, and Tasha quiet down. Their levels of fear rose understanding the length Krane would go. A sense of ickiness flooded Patience. She paled and rambled, "What if you needed more of his stuff, you know? What if suddenly something happens?"