2.19 | The Harringtons

Capítulo XIX- Los Harringtons

     Patience caught up to Adam, Bree, and Chase. The three of them trekked to the school, slightly slouching barely picking up their feet. Patience furrowed her eyebrows at their sleepy appearance. "Good morning? Are you guys okay?"

     Bree sighed, "No. Our new neighbor kept us up last night running his car through our front lawn."

     Patience cringed and suggested, "Have you tried telling him out of your property?"

     Chase answered, "Yeah, but that doesn't stop him from racing up and down our street."

     Adam said, "And not to mention, we woke up to see Mr. Davenport in his cheetah pajamas."

     Patience pursed her lips, "Cheetah pajamas?" Adam nodded his head about to answer but Patience cut him off, "Nevermind. I don't wanna put that image in my head."

     The quartet passed the line of students waiting to get their new lockers assigned. Chase located Leo in the front of the line, "Leo, how'd you get to be first in line for locker reassignments?"

     "Oh. Since I couldn't get any sleep, I've been here since dawn," Leo explained. 

     "You didn't get your eight hours of beauty sleep," Patience mentioned the sleeping system Leo discovered freshman year. Leo said he needs at least eight hours of 'beauty sleep' and ten hours if he wants the 'Leo Glow'.

     "Try three. FYI, you don't wanna see the lunch ladies without makeup."

     "Wait," Bree drawled out, "They wear makeup?"

     "Don't be rude," Patience addressed them, "let's not put other people down."

     "Sorry."

     "Sorry." Leo continued with his story, "But since I'm first in line, I'll finally get the corner locker."

     "Wait a second, I thought this was the line for lice check." Adam clicked his tongue in disappointment.

     Patience glanced up at him, "Oh, the nurse could check that for you."

     "Okay, thanks, Patience," Adam said, stalking off.

     Leo looked at the locker right by Perry's office, "There she is, locker 106. Away from traffic, near the cheerleaders, I can see Principal Perry before anyone else, and a two-second head start can save a life."

     "Yeah," Bree and Chase said, simultaneously. They took off to the cafeteria for breakfast. Patience stayed behind with Leo.

     Perry exited her office, "Listen up, weasels! It's locker reassignment day. Why, you ask? A little trick I learned from my days as a prison guard." Principal Perry hit the sign-up table with every word, "Never let the perps get comfy! Also, drag your hands through mashed potatoes to check for weapons. Enjoy your lunch," she licked her fingers. "All right, Dooley, what locker do you want?"