3.5 | New Lab

Capítulo V- Nuevo laboratorio

     Patience's shiny teeth showed off as her broad smile plastered on her lips. Mr. Davenport, Leo, and Patience worked together to design the lab after the success of the jet-wing and after long days it was finished. Patience was ready to burst holding in the excitement.

     They entered through the dim purple-hued exit hall and Mr. Davenport danced around singing, "I got a new lab, I got a new lab. I got a new lab."

     "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Bree stopped him. "I think you mean, we got a new lab."

     "Excuse me. Did we pay to rebuild it?"

     "Do you sleep in a glass box?"

     Mr. Davenport paused. He jumped and sang, "We got a new lab, we got a new lab." Chase, Leo, and Patience joined Mr. Davenport's dance. "And, here it is." He pressed the button on his tablet and the lab doors opened.

     They stepped into the new lab awestruck. Hive patterned columns on the walls illuminated the lab and in between were solid white square patterns. On their right were three monitors filled with information about Adam, Bree, and Chase's bionic structure.

     Their bigger capsules were adjacent to the monitors having the same hive-like pattern on the smooth glass. Far in front of the capsules were two cyber desks with one retractable monitor and another cyber desk by the main entrance.

     "Guys, look at all these upgrades. Mr. Davenport, this place is amazing," Chase complimented.

     Mr. Davenport put an elbow on Leo's shoulder, "Of course it is. I designed it."

     Leo and Patience whipped their heads to Mr. Davenport. "Ahem!" Leo cleared his throat.

     "Fine. We designed it! We, we!" Mr. Davenport huffed, irritatingly motioning at the brand new lab. "Upgraded capsules, bam! Quantum processing supercomputer, bam! Four-dimensional combat simulator, bam! This, my friends, is what a multi-million dollar makeover looks like."

     "Is there a mini-fridge?" Adam asked.

     "No."

     Patience furrowed her eyebrows, "Really? I thought I added it to the list?"

     "We don't need a mini-fridge."

     Adam turned his head and mumbled to Chase, "I bet our real dad's lab has a mini-fridge."

     Bree rested her hands on her hips, "Hey, Leo, Patience, where are your workstations?"

     Leo took the tablet from Mr. Davenport, "This way, children." Leo led them near the retractable desks. He clicked the button and two desks popped out of the ground. "The floor in the lab is compartmentalized."