2.28 | Double-Crossed

Capítulo XXVIII- Traicionero

     Patience played with the slime in her hands. She created it with Chase and Leo a couple of days ago when they got bored. Bree was out with Caitlin and Adam was distracted by something else because if Adam got involved, they knew the slime would end up stuck in someone's hair.

     The brunette stretched out the yellow slime, leaning against her swivel chair. Her eyes followed the dots on her screen showing Adam and Bree's location. "Any sign of him?" Mr. Davenport questioned from the cyber desk.

     "Nothing," Bree said, disappointed.

     Adam informed, "I can't find the heat signature anywhere,"

     "Well, how can he not be here. This was Chase's exact location."

     "There's only one explanation, he met a family of Eskimos who took him in as their pet because he is the exact same size as a penguin."

     "He's not here let's go south."

     "No guys," Mr. Davenport disagreed, "that's it. There can be another avalanche any minute, I'm calling off the rescue."

     "What?" Patience turned to Mr. Davenport. "We can't just leave him there. It's below -50." Mr. Davenport sent Patience a sympathetic glance.

     "Yeah, I'm not leaving without my brother."

     "Wait!" Bree paused. "That's Chase's comm set. He was here, we have to keep looking."

     "Guys, I'm serious. Get out of there!"

     A cracking grasped Patience's attention. "Hey, there goes that sound again."

     "Avalanche! Move!"

     Patience hoped Bree moved herself and Adam out of the way. After a few seconds, Patience clicked the button on her earpiece, "Are you guys okay?"

     "Yeah, we got out just in time."

     Patience sighed in relief, that didn't mean her worries were gone though. She toyed with the slime in her hands. Patience wished she could do something to help. To be honest, there were times Patience wished she was more helpful.

     She sat in this chair for an hour and most of the time she looked at the screen while Mr. Davenport did the work. Patience wanted to be out there with Adam and Bree looking for Chase in the heavy snow. Instead, she was stuck in the chair feeling helpless.

     She guessed that's what Leo must've felt like before he became a mission specialist.

     Patience was glad she was a mission specialist with Leo, however, something was missing. She didn't have the massive brains like Chase or Mr. Davenport. She wasn't a whiz tech like Leo. She didn't have Bree's super speed. Nor did she have Adam's strength.