3.28 | Number Two of Davenport Industries

Capítulo XXVIII- El Númbero Dos De Davenport industrias

Patience had a normal everyday life for 16 years and to this day. Yes, there was something that happened to her that was far from normal like the bionic chip implanted in her neck. Bree and Chase however had quite the opposite. They had the abnormal life of a bionic teenager for 16 years and small elements of a normal life shoved in.

Throughout their whole lives, they've been trained to handle any crisis the world throws their direction and they never got a taste of the real world until Leo and Patience accidentally stumbled upon the lab. Patience was not about to let a malfunctioning cybermask ruin Bree and Chase's night.

The lab doors opened and Patience furrowed her eyebrows at Leo and Douglas on a stool with wires attached to their face and neck. Mr. Davenport stood beside them holding a tablet. "What are you doing?" Patience questioned.

They turned to her. Leo answered, "We're going through tests so Big D can select the winner for a vice president."

Patience didn't recall Mr. Davenport looking for a vice president. In fact, the only reason he'd have a vice president was to give the work he didn't want to do to them. "Vice president?"

Mr. Davenport nodded. "Now a good number two will be there for me when I need them to help me test out new technologies."

"What exactly are we testing?" Douglas asked.

"My artificial neural network. It will allow human brain impulses to control machines using stimulus and response. If it works, the slightest movement from Leo will transfer energy to you, and vice versa. So," Mr. Davenport laughed, "let's give it a shot."

Patience heard that laugh one too many times and knew what it meant. She has hung out with the Davenport-Dooley family for so long it was easy to detect it. Mr. Davenport had something up his sleeve. He tapped on the tablet's screen and turned on the machine.

"Wait, so if-" Leo turned to Mr. Davenport. His movement caused the machine to shock Douglas. Douglas jolted sending back the shock to Leo. They took turns screaming.

"Hey, what do you know, it works!" Mr. Davenport's mouth hung open, smiling.

"No, it doesn't." Douglas moved his hand to his neck to try and remove the sticky tabs. His movement shocked Leo making Douglas get shocked again. "Don't move. If we stay still, neither one of us will get shocked."

Douglas and Leo stood still. Mr. Davenport grabbed a red ball and tossed it at Leo, "Heads up!"

Leo caught the ball and electricity coursed Douglas's skin. Douglas clenched his teeth, "Why did you do that?"

"It was a reflex."

"No, this is a reflex," Douglas jerked his arm. Leo jumped and the whole thing started over again. One small movement and the other person would get shocked. Leo tumbled out of his chair. Since the tabs stuck on him were connected to Douglas, he dragged Douglas to the floor, screaming in pain.