2.26 | The Three Eras of Mr. Davenport

Capítulo XXVI- Las Tres Eras Del Señor Davenport

     When Patience got a phone call from Leo, the last thing she expected him to say was Mr. Davenport's memory was wiped. At first, she thought he had lost his memories from the past couple of days, but when Leo added he erased 24 years of Mr. Davenport's life and went into detail, the more freaked Patience got.

     "He's building a rocket chair!" she exclaimed.

     "Just get here quick and help me!" Leo yelled. He hung up, leaving Patience staring down at her phone as it beeped signaling the call ended.

     Patience did what she always did. She ran to her shed, took out her blue bike, and peddled to her best friend's home. Patience knocked on the door, hoping for a response, but no one answered. She peeked the door open, "Hello?" her voice quietly echoed the great room. 

     Patience strode through the house, taking the elevator doors to the lab. The Davenport industries logo doors propped open and Patience shrieked, clinging to her purse on her right side. Wires poked out of scraps and dismembered tech scattered across the lab. 

     Mr. Davenport asked, "Hey, who's that?"

     Patience forced a smile, attempting not to look at the mess around her, "Hi, I'm Patience."

     "Hey, look at this awesome thing," Mr. Davenport motioned towards the machine, "I took this useless thingy-"

     "Useless?" Chase repeated, "That's an oxygen vacuum fire hose. It was going to revolutionize firefighting."

     "Well, now it's gonna revolutionize grilled meat."

     "Kabob me, teen D," Adam put his hand out with a kabob stick in his hand. Teen Davenport clicked a button and grilled meet shot out of the tube, piercing through the stick. Adam bit a piece off, "See, I finally get science. This is saving lives!"

     "So is this," Davenport clicked another button. A crane hooked on the back of Chase's bottoms and he hissed as it lifted him in the air. 

     Patience rushed to him while the others laughed. "What are you doing? Get him down from there," she demanded.

     "Not yet. Why create an artificial arm when you can create a real-life wedgie machine?" Davenport grinned. 

     Patience's mouth slightly opened. She walked around the machine, searching for a button. "I'm really sorry if I press the wrong button."

     "Science!" Adam and teen Davenport high-fived.

     Bree's attention averted across the room, "Uh, what's in our capsules."

     "Capsules? You mean giant smoothie makers." Patience switched her attention to the pink, red, and lime-colored capsules. She knew when they restored Mr. Davenport's memory they would have the toughest time cleaning them up.