3.13 | Incompetent

Capítulo XIII- Incompetente

Chase, Leo, and Patience looked over Bree's chip schematics. Mr. Davenport finished setting up a chip fabricator to replicate her chip, "Well, Bree, you smashed your chip so badly, it's useless. But I was able to replicate my brother's original chip and like my face, it's flawless."

"Forget the chip. We need to get this dude a mirror," Leo glanced at Chase and Patience.

Bree questioned, "Wait, so I'm actually going to be bionic again?"

"Yep."

"Yes!" Bree tightly wrapped her arms around Mr. Davenport, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

He smiled patting her arm as he glanced at the console, "Oh! Your chip's almost ready."

The chip fabricator beeped signaling it was ready. "Oh! Snacks are done!" Adam announced.

"Adam, that's a chip fabricator, not an oven," Patience explained.

"Call it whatever you want. We're still making mini pizzas in here." Patience tilted her head, furrowing her eyebrows at him.

Mr. Davenport raised the bionic chip in front of Bree's face, "Okay, Bree, hop in your capsule when you're ready for your new chip." Bree gladly accepted it. Mr. Davenport strolled to the console next to Leo and Patience.

"You know, Big D, if this works, maybe you can make a chip for me," Leo shrugged.

Mr. Davenport scoffed, "Please, your body can't handle high-fiber cereal."

Patience pursed her lips, nodding, "I'm sure Tasha would kill Mr. Davenport if she ever found out you got bionics."

Mr. Davenport added, "Yeah, that too." He pressed one more button and Bree stepped out of her capsule. She rubbed the back of her neck and he asked, "So? How does it feel?"

"Like a piece of metal just got jammed into my neck and fused to my nervous system," Bree answered.

"Whoo-hoo! Success! Alright, now, give it a try, see how it worked."

"Okay." Bree took a deep breath. She super sped across the room, traveling to the ceiling. She knocked things out of the ceiling super speeding back and forth. Bree tripped, falling to the ground.

Everyone winced and Adam nonchalantly said, "Well, she's still more useful than Chase."

Patience kneeled next to Bree, she helped her sit up straight, and Adam threw Bree over her shoulder. He set her down on a stool. Mr. Davenport pinched his fingers together, pointing at Bree, "You know, technically speaking, your bionics are working."

Bree's voice deepened to distortion, "You call this working?" Her voice upped to a higher pitch, "I can't control my vocal manipulation! I can't control anything!"