4.9 | Incomplete Mission

capítulo IX- Misión Incompleta

     Not to anybody's surprise, Patience was able to convince Chase to let Otis stay for two more days. She set some ground rules so Chase would be able to walk around with no allergies. Otis was only allowed in the hydroloop area and the training room, but they would have to clean up after him. Patience also gave him 12-hour allergy medication just in case so Adam could have a little more time with Otis.

Chase and Patience had just gotten back from the animal shelter to fill out the paperwork. To prevent his allergies from triggering, they filled in the paperwork in the car. They used Chase's knowledge to figure out more about Otis. Douglas didn't know much of the stray dog and given he hadn't seen him in a year, even less.

"Hey, guys, Look what I taught Otis," Adam said, walking to them with Otis behind him. He dragged the blanket in his mouth. Adam commanded, "Hide, Otis." He bit the blanket and rolled himself into it. His head was still sticking out and he said, "I could still see you." Otis covered his eyes with his paws making the teenage couple laugh. "Aw, man. He did this earlier. Otis, you're making me look bad."

Patience kneeled on one knee, "Come here, Otis." She lent her hand out and Chase placed a snack on her palm. On their way home they took a short stop at the pet shop. "You did the best you could, Otis." He grabbed the chewy snack from her fingertips.

"Ooo, I want one," Adam said, nearly taking the bag from Chase.

"Adam, these are for dogs," Chase retracted the bag from him.

"So? I want to see why it tastes so good to them." Chase gave the bag to Patience. If he had it in his hands, Adam wouldn't hesitate to take it by force. However, if Patience had it, he would try and reach for it but would never hit her or throw her around as he does to Chase. "Just one small bite."

Chase and Patience said in sync, "No!"

He groaned, "Fine. What else is in the bag?"

Patience stood, "We got him some toys he can play with and dog food."

A loud alarm blaring from the monitor turned their attention. A warning label blinked reading, Explosives area. "Oh no, there has been an accident in the explosives area," Chase informed.

"Oh, let's go." Adam patted his thigh, "Come on, Otis. Let's go see if anyone blew up."

Patience left the bag on the console and chased after the Davenport brothers and Otis. They ran past some students wandering the halls to the other side of the academy. They matched Adam and Otis's speed to stay caught up with them. Reaching the destination, they looked to their right to find Douglas's legs sticking out under a barrel.

"Douglas!"

Adam picked off the heavy barrel from him. Chase and Patience helped him off the ground. "Douglas, are you okay?" Patience asked. "What happened?"