2.20 | Bionic Pit Crew

Capítulo XX- Equipo de Mecánicos Biónicos

     Patience never thought she'd ever attend a Nascar race and be a couple of feet within the track. And here she was inspecting Mr. Davenport's stock car. "Sweet ride, Big D. For a second there I forgot you weren't cool," Leo smiled. Mr. Davenport's grin dropped at his final sentence.

     "Yeah, a guy with a huge ego and a sport where they put your name and face on everything," Bree sarcastically responded, "It's a perfect match."

     "Are you sure you're gonna be able to beat Pierce?" Chase asked. "I mean, you don't have enough stock car experience, not to mention you get car sick going to the store."

     "Please. Look at this track. Even Adam can drive in a circle," Davenport pointed at him.

     Adam fretted, "But this is an oval and those terrify me."

    Chase acknowledged, "Driving in a circle gets exponentially harder at 200 miles per hour."

     "Plus, no bathroom breaks." Adam reached for a bucket behind him, "You're gonna need this."

     "Guys, don't worry about this," Davenport walked over to his car, "I have spent hundreds of hours training in a stock car simulator."

     "Is it the same though? Because Leo and I spent hours playing GTA and Mario Kart and we don't know how to drive."

     Mr. Davenport furrowed his eyebrows at her, "Patience, that game involves committing crimes and speeding through streets and the other involves the push of 2 buttons."

     Leo glanced at Patience, "You're anything but sane in that game."

     "Yeah, but I'm still driving."

     Mr. Davenport shook them off, "The point is I used the most realistic simulator and I hired the best pit crew in town. I got this."

     Pierce and Clayton sauntered to Mr. Davenport's pit stop. "Well, Davenport, we just wanted to wish you luck," Pierce smirked.

     Clayton shared the same smirk as his father, "You'll need it against our driver."

     "Driver?"

     "Yeah. I said we'd race, I never said I'd be the one driving. Joey," Pierce called the young man over. Joey crawled out of his stock car, waving hi at them.

     Mr. Davenport scoffed, "That's your driver? When does he get his learner's permit?"

     Chase tapped Mr. Davenport's shoulder, "Uh-oh, I've seen that guy before." He touched the side of his temple, researching Joey. "That's Joey Logano. He's been racing since he was six! He's the youngest Nascar driver to win on the pro-circuit, ever."