3.29 | The Nerble

Capítulo XXIX- El Nerble

     Another year was ready to pass and Patience was sure each year was even more chaotic than the one before. But with all the chaos of being kidnapped, nearly killed by a sociopath twice, getting bionics, and her best friends' bionic secret revealed she enjoyed her year. It wasn't hard to find the highlights of her year.

     It's honestly surprising how fast the year has gone by. Patience could've sworn it was January seconds ago. The coldest month of the year picked up its temperature as the earth circled around the sun again. Flowers sprout from the green grass for bees to feast and naked trees grew their vibrant greens. Then the scorching sun would dawn at six a.m with a hint of a warm breeze until the leaves crumble to the ground as the temperatures drop for the second time that year. 

     This brings us to winter. Time to bundle up in sweaters and jackets, or fuzzy blankets and drink a warm mug of hot chocolate. And time for Patience's favorite holiday, Christmas. The Davenport-Dooley family and Patience decorated the mansion for their second Christmas together. It was even more exciting seeing they put up more decorations this year than the one before.

     Leo and Patience tied the ribbons on the false presents to place on the kitchen's bar. Mr. Davenport slammed the front door behind him, grinning ear to ear, "Ho, ho, ho! Santa's here!"

    Leo whipped around pointing at his step-father, "I'm not sitting on your lap. Just hand out the gifts."

     "I'm afraid I'm with him," Patience gestured to Leo.

     Mr. Davenport ignored the two teenagers' comments. He was too excited to announce whatever was in the bag to care. He set the bags on the small table, "Presenting this holiday season's hottest new action figures." He whipped out three action figures, "Adam, Bree, and Chase!"

     "Wow!"

     "Cool!"

     "Toy!" Adam placed a hand on Chase's shoulder reaching for his action figure. Mr. Davenport handed Bree and Chase their own.  

     Patience took a step closer to the bionic siblings to get a better look. Patience held a conflicted expression, the action figures managed to look like them but not at the same time. Yet she pushed it aside happy for her friends, to be fair, she had never seen an action figure look like their character.

     Tasha smiled, "They're so cute."

     "That's so cool. You guys have officially bumped up to superheroes instead of bionic heroes." Patience gasped, "Next thing you know they'll make a movie out of you three or based off of you."

     "Yeah. Now that the world knows and loves you guys, a toy company was eager to put one of these in every kid's stocking," Mr. Davenport pointed at himself, "for a small licensing fee."