3.38 | Back in my Morning

Capítulo XXXVIII- En mi mañana

"I need your help."

Patience's eyebrows rose at Chase's desperate words. She pushed the phone closer to her ear and was able to pick up the sound of cheering on the other end. The bionic soldiers were still at the Davenport-Dooley mansion, but Patience failed to detect what caused them to make so much noise. "Are you okay? What's all that noise in the background.

He gave a frustrated sigh, most likely from the sight he was seeing. "Adam is throwing a bionic house party. He joined the others for limbo."

"Ooh, I wanna play limbo."

"Patience."

"Sorry."

"We still haven't come up with anything. Adam hasn't bothered to help and the government could be here any minute. So far we've-" A light smack and wince from Chase interrupted him. "I've," he corrected himself, "come up with is to turn them in."

Patience pursed her lips, looking at Leo and Tasha at the receptionist's desk. "Try to stall them and keep them there. Tasha is signing Mr. Davenport's discharge papers. We'll be there in twenty minutes."

"Keeping them here won't be a problem. They won't go anywhere because they think Adam is their new leader. Why is Mr. Davenport already being discharged? " Patience could picture Chase's look of confusion in her head. "He was in critical condition not even 24 hours ago?"

"Adam? We'll make it fifteen minutes," Patience said, ignoring his last question. "I'll see you in a bit, bye."

"Okay, bye, Patience."

Patience ended the call and turned off her cellphone. As she dug it into the back of her pocket, Leo and Tasha came toward her. She stood outside of Mr. Davenport's room, it wasn't far from the receptionist luckily.

"Who was it?" Leo questioned, approaching her.

"Chase," she gave him a knowing look. Patience didn't want to mention the bionic soldiers in front of Tasha, she would freak out and interrogate the two teens for answers who would easily give in.

Tasha smiled, it was more of a grin. She pinched Patience's nose, "Awe, you guys are so cute." Patience's ears turned red along with the rest of her face heating up. "Where are they anyway?"

Patience stayed quiet to let Leo give her a quick lie. "He made Adam and Bree clean up the lab before Big D got home."

Tasha nodded and pushed the door to Mr. Davenport's room open. Mr. Davenport was already in his own set of clothes, the hospital gown was neatly folded on the bed. "Donald, we got your discharge papers," she waved the folder in her hand and set it on the bed.