1.24 | Maybe it's Just a Fluke

Capítulo XXIV- Quizás Es Solo Una Casualidad

     Patience hopped off the last step as Adam said, "Oh, I love history class. Someone is always leaving me a little piece of gum under my desk."

     Patience gasped and covered her mouth as Leo and Bree gave each other side glances. Chase grimaced, "Adam, please tell me you didn't." Adam chewed on the piece of gum and popped a bubble.

     Bree nodded, "He did. He totally did."

     "Oh. Guys, don't look now, but here come that guy none of us like. Marcus," Leo turned away.

     Patience's gaze shifted forward as Marcus strolled to them. She was not aware of what Marcus's intentions were, she just knew that Marcus and Leo did not like each other. After what Leo had told her of the stunt Marcus pulled about the broken guitar, she had believed Leo. Patience couldn't believe a total stranger, she had known Leo since middle school, they are best friends.

     But even if she could, she wasn't hostile towards Marcus, unless a) she wanted to send him billions of apologies afterward or b) be unusually nice to him. It wasn't in her blood to be rude or hostile to anybody. Patience kept the same energy towards Marcus however, she was still skeptical.

     "M-dog!" Adam, Bree, and Chase greeted.

     "Hey!" Marcus smiled. The four of them went for a hug as Patience and Leo observed.

     Leo raised his arm, "Wait, hold the phone. Hold the phone, hold the freaky-deaky phone," he pushed Adam, Bree, and Chase back. "'M-dog'?"

     Chase grinned, "Yeah. Bro's call each other by nicknames."

     "Well, I'm your actual bro and you don't call me a nickname."

     "Actually we do, we just choose not to do it in your presence," Adam chuckled. "Mr. Tiny McLittlestien."

     Patience lightly nudged Adam. "Hi, Marcus," she smiled.

     Marcus nodded with a smile, "Hey, Patience."

     Chase stepped towards Marcus, "Hey, Marcus, what are you up to this weekend?"

     "My dad's out of town so I'll be stuck home alone with my grandma."

     Leo pointed, "Aha! You said your grandma was dead.

     "The other grandma. But thanks for reminding me," Marcus crossed his arms and frowned.

     "Leo," Patience whispered. Patience put a comforting hand on Marcus' shoulder. "I'm sorry about that."