3.41 | An Opportunity Taken

Capítulo XXXXI- Tomar una oportunidad

Patience should've stayed home. She bounced around from Adam's, Bree's, and Chase's group. It was a little past lunch time and she was sitting in the cafeteria. Sitting in silence made her wonder what she would be doing as a student right now and if Leo and Xue would be in her class. Some students had only one mentor while others had all three. It was based on their abilities. She pushed the chair back where it belonged to go visit Adam and his class. She was intrigued by the way he taught his students. Earlier, she saw him arm wrestling against his students. They seemed to be stronger than him, bending the metal table down with his arm. When he lost, he claimed that he was the one who won.

She made her way down the halls to the training room, maybe they were there tossing each other around like Adam tosses Chase. Her balance was thrown off from a quake trembling the man-made island. She caught herself, feeling the frigid wall make contact with her hand. The vibrations of whatever struck the island told her the direction it came from. Douglas unlocking soundwave manipulation raised her sense of touch.

The quaking stopped, but vibrations still rippled in the walls. Her fingertips glid on the wall, leading her to the destination, the training room. Adam wasn't in there with his students. Instead, Leo and Spin were there. Water sprayed from within the wall onto Leo and the island's floor. Leo shouted, placing his hand in front of him to prevent water from hitting his face, "Stop stating the obvious and help me cover the leak!"

"Patience!" Spin yelled over the water.

She glanced between the water and the two boys. "Are you guys okay!" There was no sign of injury visible on their bodies.

"Yeah, but I think the pipe burst!" Leo replied, his eyes were barely open and his head was turned to the side. "Help me cover the leak!"

Spin sprung into action, picking up an empty trashcan near the training room's exit. Patience helped him press it against the open leak and the water sprayed into the trash. "This could only hold it off for a little. We need to find Mr. Davenport. Spin, go-"

"No!" Leo quickly interrupted Patience. She gave him a questioning look as all three held onto the trashcan. He sighed and licked his lips. "You can't. I need to fix this before Big D sees it. I was the one who punched the wall and burst a pipe."

"Why'd you punch the wall?"

"Because Mr. Davenport bumped me up to another color. He was mad because a 'prepubescent boy' got to orange before him after we both showed him a new skill," Spin spoke for Leo.

Patience glanced at the yellow shoulder on Leo's shoulder and the green on Spin's. Leo stayed below and Spin had recently risen to another color after he made green hours earlier. "Leo, you could've punched a dummy in the corner."