3.19 | New Fame

Capítulo XIX- Nueva Fama

     Surprisingly, Chase and Patience weren't that awkward. A small part of them expected them to be awkward around each other after their confession. They had been friends for more than a year and the shift between them being friends to more than friends was kind of a sudden thing. Chase nor Patience hadn't put any labels on anything even though they wanted to, but they were too afraid to say because they didn't want to make the other feel rushed.

     Even though Chase and Patience weren't dating just yet, they stood close to each other, made random eye contact, and their smiles always brightened the moment they spotted each other in the room. Chase and Patience were entirely smitten with one another and it was awfully obvious to everyone.

     Once everyone knew they confessed to each other about their feelings, they had the same reactions:

     "Finally."

     "About time."

     "It was painful to watch."

     "Just a couple more days and I would've said something."

     Patience stood behind Adam, Bree, Chase, and their two bodyguards. Agent Graham was ahead of them as he introduced Adam, Bree, and Chase to the school. The students of Mission Creek High chatter could be heard from outside. Things had cooled since their bionic secret was introduced to the world. 

     Graham announced, "Students of Mission Creek, please welcome your bionic superhumans!"

     The two-body guards entered the building first with Adam, Bree, and Chase following. They cleared the pathway for the bionic siblings. Claps and cheers overcame the shutters of the flashing cameras surrounding their vision.

     Patience entered the school and weaved through the crowd instead of the clear path. She waited for Agent Graham to finish his announcement. Adam placed a hand on Chase's shoulder, "And our trusty little mascot Chase." Chase struck Adam's abdomen and he hit him back. 

     Patience took the moment to step in between them, "Guys, we're on television. Remember what happened two days ago?" Adam and Chase stopped and smiled at the camera.

     "Now that I'm in charge of the bionic team, I'm gonna be taking them to a whole new level. Believe me, you're going to be seeing a lot more of us," Graham spoke into the camera.

     A girl approached Chase and asked for an autograph. He happily signed it and turned back to Bree and Patience. "Wow, this is amazing. It's like we're celebrities."

     Graham put his arms on Chase's shoulder, "We are." He stalked off. 

     Patience didn't hold an ounce of trust for Graham. He gave a vibe at always rubbed her the wrong way. "I still don't trust that guy. I don't know what it is... maybe it's the beard. Maybe Adam was right, beards are hideous."