2.5 | Contaminated

Capítulo V- Contaminada

     Leo held a tablet in his arm, as Patience stood next to him clicking on the presentation. Adam, Bree, and Chase were beside the duo, listening to Mr. Davenport, "Guys, I need to prep you for a very important mission, and to demonstrate, Leo-"

     "Anh-Danh. Mission Specialists Dooley and Valmorida," Leo corrected. "Will be adding a little more audio-visual 'pizzazzle' to the usual snooze-fest." He slid his finger across the tablet and a firework show popped up on the monitor. The group sent them odd looks.

     Patience piped up, "Hey, we are mission specialists now, might as well bedazzled the presentation."

     Mr. Davenport rolled his eyes and continued his instructions, "Tonight I'm sending you to gather intelligence."

     Chase smiled, "You hear that Adam? You'd better bring a big basket."

     "Leo," Mr. Davenport motioned to the monitor. "I was satellite-scouting industrial sites when I found this warehouse that I think is a front for environmental criminals. See these barrels? They're full of toxic chemicals. They're expensive to dispose of properly, so they're probably just gonna dump them into the sea."

     Leo added, "Which could harm ocean life and obliterate the coastline."

     The group's attention was averted from the mission details to Bree's laughter. "Owen, you are so sweet. Yes, I will 'Bree' your valentine. See, he took my name and-"

     Chase retorted, "Yeah. We got it."

     "Even I got it." Adam turned to Leo and Patience, "I didn't get it." Patience merely pursed her lips and pat his shoulder.

     Mr. Davenport asked, "What is going on?"

     Adam groaned, "She's talking to Owen again."

     Chase clarified, "He's an artist, and he claims that Bree is his muse."

     "Well, I for one, am not a-mused," Mr. Davenport pointed. Leo clicked the tablet and played the Wah-wah-wah tone. "Gimme that," Mr. Davenport snatched the tablet from Leo's hands and gave it Patience. "And you, off the phone."

     Bree turned off her phone, "Ugh! Fine. Just tell us what you invented, what went wrong, and how long till it blows up."

     "Look, the police cannot bust these guys without evidence, so I need you to sneak in there and gather samples. Show 'em the barrel." Patience removed the cloth off the replica barrel. "Now, there's only one safe way to get the samples and Leo-"

     "Ahem."

     Mr. Davenport mocked him, "Sorry. 'Mission Specialist Dooley and Valmorida' will demonstrate. First, take the canister and attach it to the spout. Push down and turn 45 degrees-" Leo struggled to turn the canister, Patience assisted him and turned it herself.  "To create an airtight seal. Then pull the handle."