1.18 | Localized Electromagnetic Pulse

Capítulo XVIII- Pulso Electromagnético Localizado

     Patience woke up bright and early in the morning. Slipping into the skirts she always wore and flat sneakers after eating breakfast getting ready to leave for the Davenport-Dooley Mansion. Tasha finally convinced Mr. Davenport to get away on vacation. Patience wanted to help keep things under control and help Leo if he needed it.

     Patience took out her bicycle from the shed and began to peddle to Leo's home. From the back and forth of coming and going to the mansion, Patience had gained more muscle on her legs. She was now able to bike up the hill to their home without stopping or walking with her bike by her side.

     She knocked on the door and Leo swung it open, "Hey, Patience. What are doing here so early?"

     "Good morning, Leo. I'm here to help," smiled Patience.

     "Don't worry. I got the rules, no touchy-touchy Davenport's stuffy-stuffy. It's time to prove that I'm responsible."

     "I know you can be responsible but I'm here just in case because the other day you were trapped in an elevator because Adam, Bree, and Chase switched their bionics. While I was at the football field during the fire drill."

     "Yeah, you got a point," Leo moved aside and let Patience in. Patience hung her purse on the coat rack. Leo and Patience both waltz into the lab as he whistled and she smiled. Leo pressed the button to open the lab doors, "Good morn- Ah!"

     Leo and Patience's eyes widened at the lab's state. Papers were spread all over the floor, chairs were flipped upside down, Adam was in an inflatable boat, and Chase was feeling around the cyber desks, glancing around the room.

     "It hasn't even been 24 hours since Mr. Davenport and Tasha left!" Patience stepped over the papers.

     "Leo? Patience?" Chase called out. "Is that you?"

     Leo shouted, "What happened! All I did was go to sleep!"

     "Something happened to my vision. I can only see pixels." Chase tripped over an object and thumped to the ground. "I'm okay."

     Adam waved at Leo and Patience, "Buddies up what's."

     "He sounds different," Leo pointed at him.

     Chase shot up and supported himself on the desk. "Yeah, that's 'cause he can only speak backwards. It was fun for about the first five minutes. Now I just wanna rip his head off."

     Adam and Patience marched towards Chase so he wouldn't trip again. "If you're here, then where's Bree?" Patience asked.

     "And if you say she went to Paris for creps, I'm gonna lose it!" Leo said, stomping towards Chase.