1.14 | 'Día De Leo'

Capítulo XIV- 'Día De Leo'

     "Adam, that was the rebel leader. The whole purpose of today's mission simulation was to interrogate him." Mr. Davenport extracted the key out of the cyber desk.

     "I did, and his answer was 'ahhh!'" he stepped off the platform.

     "Hey, next time could you maybe throw in a cute, blue-eyed rebel?" Bree asked. Mr. Davenport sent her a look. "What? I'm just sayin'. It's not gonna kill you to add a little somethin'-somethin' for the ladies."

     Leo stretched his arm out, "Step aside, amateurs." Leo handed Patience the goggles and linked her arm with his, taking her to the platform. "Go ahead, Big D. Set it to 'Awesome' so Patience and I could kick some butt."

     "Yeah, Mr. Davenport. It's time to put my skills to the test," Patience covered her eyes with the goggles.

     Mr. Davenport took the goggles from Leo and Patience. "These goggles are not a toy."

     "Come on! My birthday's coming up. Globally known as 'Dia De Leo'."

     "No. I designed the mission simulator to fine-tune their bionics. Not to go on 3-d joyrides. Beside's you're not trained for it."

     "Patience taught me how to block." Leo and Patience unhooked their arms and stepped off the simulator.

     "No. None of you have the training required to use it."

     "Well, how about as a birthday gift you give me my first bionic ability?"

     "Or I could gift- wrap reality and you could play with for a while," Mr. Davenport walked away.

     Chase rose from his chair, "So Leo's having a birthday. What are you, like, nine?" he crossed his arms.

     "Fourteen."

     Chase snickered, "No, seriously."

     "So how are you going to celebrate?" Bree questioned, resting her hands on her hips.

     "We're all going to celebrate. Every year my mom throws me a big surprise," Leo answered with a smile.

     "Really?"

     "Last year, she baked a cake the size of me. I'm not gonna brag, but I was delicious."

     Patience pursed her lips, "There had to be a better way to phrase that."

"