3.22 | The Convention...

Capítulo XXII- La Convención

     Patience held a jug of water in her hands, watering her plants. Chase was on a swivel stool next to Patience's chair. They were in mid-conversation with Adam and Bree when Leo strolled into the lab wearing a wide grin. "Guys, Alien Gladiators are coming to Mission Creek."

     Chase placed his hands on the desk excitingly smiling while Adam gasped. He walked to the console behind him, "I knew this day would come. Thankfully, I'm prepared for an alien invasion," Adam placed a tin foil hat on his head. "I'm sorry, Patience I know you two just got together but Chase has to stay-"

     Patience furrowed her eyebrows, setting down the jug, "Wait what-"

     "Chase, you hold them off while the rest of us who deserve to live escape," Adam tugged on Bree's arm.

     Patience's eyebrows rose, this was her reminder to keep Adam and Chase away from each other if aliens do invade the planet. "Adam, wait. Leo didn't mean real aliens. He was talking about his and Chase's favorite sci-fi movies."

     Leo finished, "Alien Gladiators. They host annual fan conventions, and this year, it's in Mission Creek."

     Still, in his excited mood, Chase grabbed Patience's hand. He gently hauled them to the center of the room with Adam, Bree, and Leo. "I love Alien Gladiators." He deepened his voice as Leo and he demonstrated the beginning monologue, "In the future, rival alien worlds, the Morfs, and the Zarkanians will battle over control of the galaxy."

     A smile plastered on Patience's face seeing Chase and Leo's excitement. Realization struck Adam, "Oh. I remember that movie. It was terrible. The whole thing was blurry."

     Bree crossed her arms, turning to Adam, "You didn't wear your 3D glasses."

     "Well, I didn't wanna look stupid."

     "I bet the entire cast will be there," Chase did a little hop and turned to Patience, "I have everybody's autograph. Except for the new guy playing Prince Landor in the sequel, Andre Ethier."

     Bree interjected, "Whoa, whoa, wait. As in baseball superstar Andre Ethier?"

     "Since when do you care about baseball?"

     She scoffed, "I love baseball. You know, with the bases and- the ball. Okay, whatever. Andre Ethier's cute, and if he's there, I'm there."

     Leo continued, "The convention is going to be awesome. They're bringing back the fire staff challenge."

     "What's a fire staff?" asked Adam.

     Leo advanced to his mission specialist desk, "This is a fire staff." He grabbed a staff that was leaning against his chair. He twirled it and slammed it on the ground, the staff glowed in a vibrant green.