2.23 | Secrets Revealed

Capítulo XXIII- Secretos Revelados

     "Hello? Adam? Bree? Chase?" Patience checked if her earpiece was functioning correctly.

     "Guys, guys. Can you hear us? Chase? Come in. Ugh." Leo set his com down on the desk in frustration. Eddy's monitor glitched on, Leo and Patience ambled towards him. "Eddy, you're back."

     Eddy groaned, "Whoa. What happened? And who enabled my cookies?"

     Patience answered, "To cut to the point, my dad and Mr. Davenport were captured. Adam, Bree, and Chase are rescuing him as we speak."

     "What? If anything happens to my Donny," Eddy's worried tone descended to a chirpy one, "what do you say you two and I hit the road and blow the bankroll on Italian suits and fast cars?"

     Leo ignored Eddy and went on, "They're at Marcus's house. We lost contact with them when they went inside." Leo paused, looking up from his computer, he drawled, "Wait, how was Marcus able to show up on your screen?"

     "I don't know. He must've hacked into my network. I feel so violated."

     "That's it. Marcus and whoever he's working for have been spying. That's why they're always one step ahead of us."

     Patience tilted her head, "Wait, I thought you said you took every camera down?"

     "I did but he's been watching us through the screen."

     "It really doesn't take that much," Eddy clarified. Patience shivered.

     Leo pointed at Eddy to his laptop, slowly saying, "Can you reverse that relay signal and put it up on the monitor?"

     "Can you not talk to me like I'm a two-year-old," Eddy remarked. Leo grimaced and Patience gave Eddy a look. "Okay, okay."

     A live feed of Mr. Davenport and Dante inside the blue cage appeared on Leo's laptop. Mr. Davenport poked at the bars, a zap sent electricity to his fingertips and he jumped back, holding his finger. Dante asked Mr. Davenport if he was okay. 

     A genuine smile glossed over Patience seeing her dad and Mr. Davenport okay and not have any injures or any that were visible to her eyes. Patience faced the smart-home system, "Thank you, Eddy." 

     "Now we can see them and they can't see us," Leo adjusted his laptop between himself and Patience. "Bam!"

     "You know what? We make a great team."

     "Thanks, Eddy."

     "Oh, and by the way, I want off the team."

     Leo and Patience quietly sighed and he mumbled an 'okay' underneath his breath. They drew their attention to the scene as another man made his presence known. The soothing sound of jazz flowed out of the laptop's speakers.