Preparing for the Gala

⚠️ Disclaimer: ⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
Once Bria and Lana had taken out everything that was needed to get me ready for the gala, they told me to get dressed. I followed their instructions, knowing they would never let me live in peace if I dared to disobey. So I changed quickly and stepped out and when they saw me, they gasped delightedly.

The red and black maxi dress I wore reached mid-thigh, it hugged my figure beautifully and the thigh-high chunky leather boots gave me a sense of confidence. My jewelry, a gorgeous diamond and ruby necklace with matching earrings and a gold wristwatch designed especially by a famous Romanian jeweler who specialises in  Alchemia jewelry.

"Onto your hair and makeup," Bria said as she pushed me towards Lana's dresser and made me sit in the chair in front of the counter, laden with cosmetics and beauty products of all brands. Bria took a brush and passed it carefully through my damp hair while Lana took a nail file and began to file my nails. By the time Lana was finished with my left hand, Bria had finished brushing my auburn curls and was drying it with a blow dryer.

Once my hair was completely dry, Bria brushed it again, put some styling products in and, at my request, left it to hang in its natural waves. Lana finished with both my hands and painted them in bold red nail polish. My makeup was minimal, mascara, eyeliner, concealer and lipgloss. I wasn't trying to impress anybody, I had no intention of drawing attention to myself.

"I can't see how you can not attract attention, you're an Alpha's daughter, your scent alone will attract attention," Caroline as usual decided to open her mouth and say whatever it is that came to her wolfy mind. Her honesty, whenever I tried to deny something, was highly irritating. 
Shut up! No-one was speaking to you, pipe down I don't want to hear your mouth for the rest of the evening," I scolded her.

"You look beautiful Artemis, I'm sure no other she wolf could ever look as beautiful as you," Lana said as she surveyed my appearance, checking for flaws. Satisfied with her and Bria's work she picked up a small black leather bag off the bed, placing in it the tube of lipgloss, a rag, a compact mirror, some hand sanitizer and a pack of mints. She searched the bed and seemingly, bit finding what she was looking for, she came up to me.

"Where's your phone Artemis?" she asked.
"I don't have one," I said as I straightened my dress.
"You don't have one? Why not?"
"I'm not that privileged," I said a little sadly.
"Wow that's...dumb. For me it's a must to have my phone. I can't do without it," Lana said.
Not wanting to dwell in the things that I had, didn't have, and would never have, I checked the clock on the wall and suggested we all go downstairs and meet up with the others.

Down in the dining hall, my parents, Natalie, Alec, Lydia and Garrett were waiting for us. It was 6:45 now and  the majority of our pack members had already gone to Shining Cosmos territory. The ones who didn't go, either didn't want to go or were simply waiting for their families to get ready.

It was mandatory that the Alpha family, the Beta, Gamma and Delta attend, but the ones who didn't want to go  were free to stay home. The ones who did go were most likely the elders, some of the warriors and other prominent members. I walked carefully down the stairs, praying I wouldn't trip and fall. I've worn heels and boots like this before, but not often. Therefore I didn't have much practice.

Once I reached where they all stood I looked up and immediately looked down. Natalie wore a maxi dress just like me, but mine was pulled at least a few inches above my knees, hers was a few centimetres below her ass. She wore  black five 4  inch heels and her face was caked with makeup.  Garret's parents died in a rouge attack when he was in his twenties so he was the only one from the Beta family. He and now Lydia.

Tali and Barbara had just arrived with their parents. They both wore ankle length dresses and their makeup and jewelry were extravagant. I guess being Natalie's personal slaves did have it's perks.
"Ooh look at the little slut all dressed up for who I wonder?" Natalie said sarcastically. Tali and Barbara snickered and Alec playfully pecked Natalie's cheeks.

"I'm not dressing up for anybody. I am the daughter of an Alpha and I am simply doing the duties that comes with the title. I won't dress casually and embarrass my father or my pack, unlike some she wolves," I said calmly.
"You bitch! Alec did you hear the way she spoke to me? She insulted her future Luna!" Natalie hissed.
"I was defending myself. What is so insulting about that?" I asked.

Natalie was just about to retort when father held up his hand.
"Natalie leave her alone, she's right anyway. As an alpha's daughter she must dress the way an alpha's daughter is supposed to dress. I don't want to hear another word on the matter," he said sternly. Natalie's mouth dropped open and Alec's eyes widened in shock.
"Dad what the hell! You're defending her? Why would you-"

"We are getting late, can we please just leave?!" father said irritatedly. Alec growled lowly at this response, grabbed Natalie's arm and dragged her outside to the limousines followed by Garrett, Lydia, Bria, Lana, the Gamma and Delta families and lastly mother, father and me. A couple maids came out of the packhouse carrying the food and the Picasso painting. The food was given to mother and the painting to Alec.

Garrett, Lydia, Bria and Lana went in one limo, the Gamma family went in the second, the Delta family went in the third and the Alpha family, me, mother, father, Alec and Natalie went in the fourth. The rest of the pack members would come in their separate vehicles.
Alec, Natalie and mother sat on the left and father and me sat on the right.

The drivers started the engines and one by one the limos took off for Shining Cosmos territory. On the drive there was absolute silence. No-one spoke, Alec was on his phone, mother was looking out the window and Natalie was flexing her nails. I glanced surreptitiously at my father and saw that he was deep in thought. His eyes were dull and his fist was clenched.

"Are you okay? You seem tense," I said in the mindlink.
At first he didn't answer, but after a few minutes he responded.
"It's nothing I'm just thinking,"
"I'm sorry if I stepped out of line just now," I said meekly.
"You didn't, Natalie is a little...hard to cope with at times," his words surprised me, usually he'd blame me for everything and always find fault in everything I did.

Then he surprised me even further by asking, "how was your run?"
"It was great! I loved every minute," I said, not bothering to conceal my excitement.
"That's nice. Your outfit is also very nice. Who helped you get ready?" he asked with genuine curiosity.
"Bria and Lana. They really helped me a lot," I replied.

After that we didn't say anything for a while, until the biggest surprise of all came.
"I want you to enjoy yourself tonight, you worked hard, so you deserve it," he said with a hint of kindness in his voice.
I inhaled sharply and tears sting my eyes. It was the first time in forever my father spoke so kindly to me. I wanted to hug him, but I didn't want to question my luck too closely. 

"Thank you father," I said softly.
"Father is so formal don't you think?" he asked this question and looked pointedly at me.
It took me a minute for it to  register, but when it did, I complied without hesitation.
"Thank you...Daddy,"

Author's note:
Awwww so sweet Artemis and her father had such a heart warming moment. And Natalie got kicked to the curb for a change. Mwaaah-Ha-ha-haaaa! 😉😈. Hope you all enjoyed the chapter, or chapters. LOL, next one will be up soon. ❤️❤️❤️