He's so considerate

⚠️Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
"Crimson Blood? He's from Crimson Blood? Great just great, we suffered and endured torment all our lives first by our pack members, then held for two years by Marcus, a sadistic bastard and now, our second chance mate is the Alpha of one of the most dangerous packs in Romania!"
I ranted to Caroline. "Our life is surely a joke to the Moon Goddess."

"Why're acting like this? He saved us from the rouges, brought us to his pack and fed us. You should be grateful," Caroline reprimanded.
"He could be one of those Alpha's that do good deeds then does all sorts of terrible things to females to repay himself! Lime Marcus," was my bitter reply.
"I understand that Artemis, but we can at least give him a chance, he's our second chance mate. We have the opportunity to start a new life, one where we could be loved, cherished and respected. Such opportunities don't come everyday," Caroline said gently.

"Are we really going to do this? What if we get hurt again?" I asked in a scared voice.
"We won't be. I promise you e won't be hurt, give this a chance, give us a chance," Caroline said encouragingly.
With a sigh I nodded and looked at Dimitri, his eyes were cast downwards and his body was slightly tensed.

I debated a moment, wondering if I should say something to him. Just as I was about to raise my hand to tap his shoulder, his head raised and the emotions I saw in them made my my heart clench. Pain. Despair. Agony. I was well aquainted with all three emotions.

They were closer than my own shadow these past 2 years. I didn't go one day without experiencing either emotion. They came, but they didn't leave. And if they did leave, it was only temporary, then they came back, more intense, ferocious and  consistent than before.

"First of all thank you for the soup, and also for saving me from the rouges. My wolf and I are very appreciative," I said slowly, waiting for his reaction.
"It's perfectly alright. I'm sorry if I scared you," he said with a faint smile on his lips.
I stared at him, his eyes held mine prisoner, they were so gorgeous.

"Alpha Dimitri?"
Dimitri turned around and I looked over his shoulder and saw a middle aged woman in a white doctor's coat enter the room with a clipboard and pen and a stethoscope dangling from her neck. She had blonde hair that was tied in a bun and kind, sparkling eyes that looked to be the colour of red wine. Her skin was fair and she looked trim and fit in her snug hip-hugger jeans. 

"Artemis this is Dr Sandy, I asked her to give you a checkup," Dimitri said rising off the bed.
"Hello my dear, it's nice to meet you, as you know I'm Dr Sandy and Alpha Dimitri has asked me to give you a checkup. Those nasty rouges toughed you up a lot. Oh well, nothing I can't fix," she said in a motherly voice as she walked up to the machine on my right and checked the screen.

Suddenly I began to panic. I wasn't sure what she was doing, I was hardly in an infirmary so I had no idea what went on.
"Relax dear, this is just an  echocardiogram, it's used to monitor your heart rate," Dr Sandy said in a calming voice.
"Oh.. okay. Sorry," I murmured.
"You have nothing to be sorry for, it's perfectly alright for you to be scared when you're in an unfamiliar territory," Dimitri spoke up.

I turned to face him and saw nothing but sincerity and a small amount of caution in his eyes. He genuinely cared. Taking a calming breath, I laid down on the bed while Dr Sandy did her analysis of me. She took my heart rate, my temperature, my vitals and scribbled the information on the clipboard. After she took a blood sample, she left the room stating she needed to take some tests, leaving Dimitri and I alone.