Why do I even bother

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
When I woke up I felt arms around my waist before I even opened my eyes. The foreign feeling sent chills both pleasant and unpleasant down my spine. I immediately opened my eyes and glanced sleepily at the clock and saw that it was 8:45 am.
Great my first day of being at Shining Cosmos Pack and I overslept. With a groan I raised myself up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and yawned. 

"Going somewhere?"
I jumped and looked quickly to the side and saw Marcus staring at me, his dark blue eyes held sleep and he had sleep lines on his face.
"I was just going to shower," I mumbled.
"And change into what clothes?" he asked.
I was about to say something but stopped. He was right. I had no clothes to change into.

"My cousin Michelle will take you shopping after breakfast, in the meantime, brush your teeth. I'll have a maid wash your dress during breakfast and you'll wear that to go shopping with," Marcus said in a bored tone as he climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom.

"What will I be doing today?" I asked before he could shut the door.
"Shopping. Didn't I just say that? Are you deaf? Or just wasn't listening to me when I said Michelle will be taking you shopping after breakfast?" Marcus called out in an irritated voice.
"What a dickhead!" Caroline growled. "He woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and takes it out on us!"

"Oh well that's probably the effects of his hangover," I said shrugging.
"Yeah sure just keep on making excuses for him," Caroline said rolling her eyes.
"Hey listen I don't know what he expected us to be. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he wanted so much more," I said sadly.

"More of me or more of you?" Caroline scoffed.
I felt the sting of her words.
"Caro if you're talking about last night, I'm sorry-"
"I don't want your apology. Just forget it," she snapped.
"What's wrong with you?! How am I supposed to help you, if you're acting this?" I asked frustratedly.
"I don't know okay, just forget I said anything,"
"Fine. If that's what you want, so be it," I said in a strained voice.

Just then Marcus came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. His muscles were well cut and defined, his biceps were muscular and he had a  six pack. I swallowed hard and turned away. Even though he was my mate, he was entitled to his privacy. He walked past me without a word and went straight to the walk-in closet and shut the doors.

"Get in the shower. There's a robe there on the hook, after you put it on, breakfast will be served in here. We'll eat then you'll go shopping with Michelle," he said after a while of depressing silence.
"Then when I go shopping with Michelle, what will happen?" I asked as I climbed out if bed and walked into the bathroom.
"Can't you just do what I say?! Shower first, then breakfast will be served and you'll go shopping," he shouted.

"But I just want to know! Can't you answer a simple question?" I shouted back. Major mistake.
Marcus stormed out of the closet with a pair of dress pants on and a white undershirt. His eyes were dark as he stalked up to me and slammed me up against the wall.
"Rule number one. You will never question me! Do you understand?!" he said aggressively.

I whimpered and nodded, fear clogged my throat, blocking the words from coming out.
"I asked a question! Answer me!" Marcus shouted as he punched the wall next to me making a large dent.
"Y..yes M..Marcus...I understand completely," I managed to say.
"Good. Then there's rule number two, never raise your voice at me," Marcus said with a smirk as he held my chin and forced our eyes to meet.

"Rule number three, always use words. You are literate, are you not?" he asked.
"I am literate," I replied.
"Then use your words. Never nod, or shake your head or use body language to speak to me. Use your words, at all times. Are we clear on that Моя роза?"
(My rose)
"Yes we're clear. Is there anything else I should know?" I asked looking down at the ground.

"No there isn't. Shower and put on the robe, the maid will arrive with breakfast at nine," he answered. Without saying or doing anything else, Marcus left me and walked back to his closet to finish getting ready. To say I was hurt by his words and actions would be such a lie.
I was devastated.
There was such harsh rules in our relationship. He was my mate and yet he acted like I was a burden.

I walked into the bathroom and showered quickly, brushed my teeth and put on the robe-following his instructions precisely. Then I walked out of the bathroom and into the large kitchen and saw the breakfast,  sitting there on the island. Bacon, eggs, toast, coffee and a fruit salad. Marcus was seated at the island on a stool with his own breakfast in front of him. He wore a black three piece suit and his hair was gelled and neat.

He looked up and saw me standing there and motioned for me to sit. Although I did it with much trepidation, I eventually sat down two stools away from him and placed my hands on my lap.
"Take out your breakfast. Am I supposed to tell you that too? Am I your servant?" Marcus asked disgustedly.
"I..I'm sorry...I was just-"
"STOP STAMMERING AND SPEAK UP FOR GODDESS SAKE!" he yelled.

I jumped and stood quickly up and backed up against the refrigerator, tears rolling down my face. Marcus groaned and shook his head, totally irritated with my behaviour. He finished his breakfast and took his dishes to the sink and stalked off, leaving me crying in the kitchen.
Then barely five minutes passed before he stormed back in and threw my newly washed clothes at me.

"Get dressed. Michelle is waiting outside. Since you wasted time acting like an immature pup while you should've been eating, you'll leave without breakfast. Michelle may take pity on you and buy you something at the café," he said scornfully.
I inhaled deeply and picked up the clothes off the floor and held them in my arms, still crying.

"I have to get some work done, Michelle has my black card. Buy what you need and whatever else. I won't be back until late afternoon," he added.
"Yes of course. I understand," I managed to say as loudly as I could without raising my voice too much.

"Fine. Change now, Michelle has a busy schedule so be on time," he warned.
"Very well. I won't be long," I said using the same tone as before.
Without saying another word Marcus left the room and I was left alone-again. Alone with my troubling, depressing thoughts.