Family secrets

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
"Grandmother I missed you so much," I said as I sat on the couch with my grandmother. Dimitri, Everice, Todd and Mr and Mrs Chekhov sat in the couch facing us, while Kai, Kennedy and her parents sat on the couch to the left of me.
"Artemis is Aunt Adeline and Uncle Lucius's  daughter, that makes her my cousin. Is that right grandmother?" Kennedy asked.

"Half cousin actually. But yes. That's true my dear," grandmother said as she sat up to look at Kennedy.
"I don't understand, how is Kennedy my cousin? Mother and Daddy never mentioned I had a cousin, nor an aunt and uncle in Celestial Moon," I said in confusion.

"I'm not surprised. Your mother and I were never close while she was growing up. She was closer to her father because of his way of thinking. I was closer to Selena than I was with Adeline," said  grandmother sadly.
"But if Selena- I mean, Aunt Selena is your daughter and my mother is your daughter, how does that make Kennedy and I half cousins?" I asked.

"Different fathers my dear. Adeline's father and I separated when Adeline was a teenager. I left and came back to Celestial Moon and met Selena's father and I got pregnant with Selena," grandmother told everyone. 
"Why did you leave?" Dimitri wanted to know.
"Adeline's father was going to kill me because I wanted to leave him," she replied.

"But why did you want to leave him? What did he do?" I asked.
"He was not a nice man. He was wicked, cruel, sadistic and self absorbed," grandmother said as she fiddled with her fingers. "He was a monster!"
"What's his name?" Mr Chekhov asked.

"Rupert. He's the King of Romania," grandmother replied.
Upon hearing this Dimitri rose quickly off the couch and stood on the side, his face pale.
"What? Rupert was your mate?" he asked lowly.
"He was. Why do you know him?" Kai asked.
"Do I know him? Do I know him? Of course I know him, that bastard destroyed my life!" Dimitri shouted as he slammed a fist against the wall.

"Dimitri calm down," Mr Chekhov said cautiously.
"WHY SHOULD I?!" Dimitri shouted again and began to pace the floor.
"That bastard destroyed my life! He almost wiped out my entire pack!" Dimitri was furious now and refused to calm down.
"Dimitri stop it! Calm down! We can work this out!" I pleaded as I rose up off the couch and walked over to him. 

"NO WE CAN'T!" he yelled.
I flinched and started to back away. "Don't say that, of course we can," I whimpered sadly.
"Do you all need some time to sort out everything?" Kai asked Mrs Chekhov as he and the others rose.
"Yes that would probably be best, he needs some time to calm down, thank you," I said.
"No problem. When you're ready, we're in the kitchen," Kennedy said placing a hand on my shoulder.

So the five of them left and me, Dimitri, Mr and Mrs Chekhov, Everice and Todd were left alone.
"Rupert took everything from me. He's the reason I had to relocate to the edge of Romania, he broke me and I had to struggle to get Crimson Blood back on its feet," Dimitri said in a lower, softer voice.

"So if he's Adeline's father, that would make him... Artemis's grandfather," Todd murmured.
"What did he do to you Dimitri? How did he destroy your life, tell me, I want to help," I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my head on his back.

"I can't love, I can't tell you. You're too innocent to hear of my past. It'll taint your pure soul and darken your mind forever," Dimitri muttered.
"I'm your mate I have the right to know!" I exclaimed. 
"Of course you do, but I'm not telling you. Ay least not yet. Can you just give me some time please?" he asked hoarsely.
I inhaled sharply and sighed.
"Fine. Take all the time you need. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I said softly.

"Artemis sweetheart why don't you go look for Kennedy. You have a cousin, go on and get to know her better. You must have lots to talk about," Mrs Chekhov said as she took my hand and led me to the kitchen.
"But Dimitri-" I started to say.
"It's fine, we're here, we'll talk to him. Go on my dear," she said.
So we entered the kitchen and saw Kennedy standing there with Kai and a cup of tea in her hand.

"Artemis, Mrs Chekhov. Hi, how's Dimitri?" Kennedy asked as she placed the cup on the counter and approached us, a concerned look in her turquoise eyes.
"He's fine dear, but he needs some time to properly calm down," Mrs Chekhov said with a sigh. "My son has had a difficult past, he's been through hell and that's kinda why he's like this. Slightly cold, a bit heartless and all that. Trusting is hard for him."

"Why don't you and Artemis go off and have a little chat? You girls will have a lot to talk about. It's not everyday you find out you have a cousin from another pack that you didn't know about," Kai said as he placed an arm across Kennedy's neck. "I'll stay here and take care of some pack business, go take her on a tour of the territory."

"Alright, come on Artemis let's go. I know you'll simply love Celestial Moon and all there is to see," Kennedy said cheerfully. She finished her tea and placed it in the sink.
"I'll see you in a bit baby," she said as she kissed Kai on his lips.
"Okay sweetheart, be safe," Kai said as he hugged Kennedy and walked out of the kitchen with his tea in hand.

"Alright new-found cousin of mine, let's go explore," Kennedy linked her arm through mine and we walked out of the kitchen through the backdoor and Mrs Chekhov went back into the living room.
"So you're mated to the Alpha of Crimson Blood hmm?" Kennedy asked as we strolled outside in the warm midmorning sun.

"Yeah I guess I am. Why is that a bad thing?" I asked.
"Not necessarily bad, but a little shocking. Dimitri's reputation is well known throughout Romania," Kennedy stated.
"And what do you mean by that? What is it about my mate's reputation that has wolves...like this? It's like they think Dimitri is some sort of monster or something," I said sadly.

"He's not a monster...he's just broken. Like me."
"What do you mean by that?" Kennedy asked as she stopped walking.
"Dimitri isn't my first mate. He's my second chance mate. My first mate was Alpha Marcus Spencer of Shining Cosmos Pack," I murmured.

"Marcus Spencer? That sadistic son of a bitch?!" Kennedy asked outraged.
"Yes Marcus Spencer. Why? Do you know him or something?"
"Marcus's father tried to take over Celestial Moon once. He wanted to snatch my mother from my father and make her his mate," Kennedy said sadly.

"I'm sorry. Marcus is not a nice person, he's abusive, he's a sadist and he hurt me while I was living in Shining Cosmos. " I said with tears in my eyes.
"I'm sorry, do you want to talk about it?" Kennedy asked. "It's not good to keep your emotions bottled up like this."
"I don't want to trouble you-"

"You won't trouble me. Just tell me, you're my cousin Artemis," she said gently as she squeezed my arm reassuringly.
"Should we tell her about us?" I asked Caroline.
"Yes tell her. She's got a right to know," Caroline replied.
I sighed and looked at Kennedy, her eyes encouraging me, compelling me to confide in her.
"Okay I'll tell you," I said finally.
"I originally came from Emerald Guardians-"