Broken beyond repair

⚠️ Disclaimer:⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis

"Cause I have seen a thousand things, a thousand minds, and what they bring.
To this world and to this home,
but where I stand well I don't know.
And people come and people go, people I will never know.
But if I did and if I could, I'd wonder when and where they stood.
Cause I have seen a thousand things, a thousand minds and what they bring.
To this world and to this home, but  where I stand well I don't know."

I finished singing the final lyrics to Where I Stand by Mia Wray while walking mindlessly through the courtyard, tears falling down my face as the scene where Dimitri and Caroline fought with me replayed in my mind. No. Correction. Where I fought with Dimitri and Caroline. After Dimitri was gone, I walked down the stairs, stumbling everywhere since my eyes were clouded with tears and I could hardly see where I was going.

Bria was in her room with Alessandro, Mr and Mrs Chekhov were in the library discussing pack business with Todd, Lana was... somewhere and Everice was in her room with Jène and Rita.
I was walking alone in the courtyard. Singing to myself with my voice all scratchy because of the past hour in which I've been crying. Like Caroline so rightly said. "Crying is all you're good for,"

"I wish, I could stand, on a star.
I wish, I could be, where you are.
They say don't you ever give up.
It's so..so hard to be something when you're not.
B..but I have walked alone...with the s..stars in the moonlit night..
I have walked alone...no one...no one by my s..side.
Now...I walk with- who?" I could barely finish the lyrics of the song. My tears clogged my vocal cords, they stung my eyes and they soaked my sweater.

I dropped down on the ground and hung my head and did something I haven't done in a long, long time. I screamed.
As loudly as I could, I screamed. I screamed and screamed. I scratched my face, I banged my clenched fist against the concrete until it bled, I pulled my hair and screamed some more. My voice sounded unlike anything I've ever heard before. It sounded hoarse and dry and full of agony. The pigeons on the rooftops flew away while I stayed on the ground, screaming under the hot afternoon sun.

Dimitri
"Thank you for coming here in such short notice Mr Gopal, I appreciate your time. And trust me, you won't be disappointed while working with us," I said as I shook Mr Gopal's hand, sealing the $10 million deal.
"Thank you Alpha Dimitri. I've been looking for a partner for 3 years, but no-one was willing to take me on because of my addiction. This changes everything," Mr Gopal said as he packed away his files into his briefcase.

"I'll escort you out," I said as I led the way out of my main office held for business and formal meetings. While we walked my mind kept wandering back to Artemis. I know she was feeling on guard and on edge because of what she endured before she met me, but it still hurt nonetheless.
"It's been over an hour since we left, should we check on her?" Roman asked worriedly.

"I'll see Mr Gopal out first then we can check on her... wherever she is," I said.
"Goodbye Alpha Dimitri, I look forward to working with you," Mr Gopal said as he went into his car and drove away from pack territory.
"Dimitri have you seen Artemis?"
I turned around and saw Bria, Lana, Alessandro, Vincent, my mom and dad walking towards me.

"No I haven't seen her, isn't she with you all? I gave her my blackcard, didn't you three go shopping?" I asked.
"No I've been in my room with Bria the whole time," Alessandro admitted.
"I've been painting on the balcony," Lana said.
"I've been with your parents and Todd in the library," Vincent reported.

"Then where could she be?" I was starting to get panicky now. Artemis wasn't with anyone.
Then I heard it. The scream. The loud, agonized, heart clenching scream.
"That's Artemis!" Bria exclaimed.
Wasting no time I turned and ran in the direction of the courtyard with everyone else following in hot pursuit.

Artemis
I continued to scream without letting up. I knew I was probably gonna be voiceless for the next few hours after this, but I couldn't care less.
Then it happened. I began to cough violently. My chest was paining... A lot. My throat was hoarse and my eyes were bloodshot. I swallowed several times and coughed some more, my throat was as parched as the desert, and as raw as a fresh wound.

"What's wrong with you?! You were screaming for ten minutes straight! Are you trying to give yourself a stroke?!" Caroline asked tearfully.
"What do you care? You said crying is the only thing I'm good for. Might as well go all out, I must've won a Grammy for all that screaming," I said coldly.

"I'm sorry I was just so tired of your constant crying and not trusting our mate. You weren't even trying to trust him," Caroline protested.
"Leave me alone Caroline. I don't want to talk to you, go away," I said dismissively.
"Go away? Are you asking me to leave?" Caroline asked in a hurt voice.

"No, I'm TELLING you to go away," I said bluntly.
"No. I'm not leaving you," she said whining sadly.
"Fine if you don't want to go away willingly, I'll MAKE you go away!
"Te-am aruncat în pustie, 24 de ore izolat. Nici să nu-mi vorbești, nici să mă cauți, pentru că vreau să fiu singur, pe tine îl reneg, pe asta îl accept!"
(I cast you into desolation, 24 hours in isolation. Neither speak to me nor seek me, for I wish to be alone, you I disown, this I condone!"

Once this verse was spoken I heard Caroline howl sadly several times, then there was nothing. She was gone.
The chant was spoken in Romanian, used to temporarily block a wolf and it's human from communicating. The wolf would be removed from the person's mind and be cast into Gaura Pustiirii. The Hole of Desolation. So in simpler words, Caroline and I were going to be separated for 24 hours, no speaking and no association.

It was something very serious and could not be taken lightly. Once spoken, you couldn't take it back. It was designed by the Moon Goddess so we would have a choice. To live with or without our wolf. I've never said that chant before because I knew I would never cast my beloved Caroline out of my mind. Or so I thought.
So for 24 hours I would be human. For 24 hours I would be without a wolf. For 24 hours I would be... me.