Luna Ceremony

⚠️ Disclaimer: ⚠️ This story has been written by me and has not been copied, plagiarized or stolen from any other story or author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
What was I expecting? The courtyard was like Sardine City, the place was so congested that walking proved to be hard. Crimson Blood was really large and it looked like everyone was here. Males, females and their pups. Some of them saw me with Dimitri and smiled, while others bowed their heads respectfully. The sky was a dark purple, it was a little after five and the moon was close to rising. It was time for the ceremony to commence.

Dimitri took my hand and led me up to the extravagantly decorated stage where there was a microphone and two large speakers at the left and right corners of the stage, put there so everyone in the courtyard could hear what Dimitri was saying. The henna and the Sacru Deer was already in place.

"Good evening Crimson Blood Pack! As you all know, tonight is the night where I introduce my second chance mate Artemis to the pack. Where she will receive the mark of Crimson Blood Pack and complete her vows, binding her to this pack forever!" Dimitri said in his Alpha voice.
The pack cheered as they heard the words spoken by their alpha.

"As it has been for generations, the henna and the blood of the Sacru Deer shall be imprinted on my mate's skin. Following this is her swears- to protect, serve and lead her pack and pass judgement with fairness and justice. The traditional three mile run, where Artemis and I will lead the pack will commence and in conclusion to this evening and the Luna Ceremony, everyone shall proceed to Crimson Hall where a dinner will be held."

The pack cheered once more and when the cheers ceased, Dimitri held out his hand, motioning for me to take it. And when I did, he pulled me to his side and draped an arm around my waist.
"Anita please come on stage it's time to conduct the henna ceremony," Dimitri called out.
Wearing an black, ankle length sequence dress, a white scarf draped over her shoulder and two inch heels on her feet, Anita came onto the stage with two female wolves behind her.

They came bearing in their hands a platter which held the bowl of henna, two makeup pens and what looked to be blood in a bowl. Gross. Thank goodness it was blood by the Sacru Deer and not just any old blood.
"Alpha Dimitri," she greeted with a respectful bow.
Dimitri led me to a chair in the centre of the stage and made me sit, then he took his seat. The she wolves placed the plate on the table and organised everything in a neat order.

"Are you ready to receive your mark my Luna?" Dimitri asked lovingly as he picked up a pen.
"Yes, please do," I said to him.
With a smile, Dimitri dipped the pen in the henna, held it up to the full moon for a brief moment and began to etch the mark of Crimson Blood onto my skin, just under my collarbone on the left side of my chest.

Anita stood on the side watching. As a prominent member of the pack, it was mandatory that she be there as a witness. I watched as Dimitri drew the mark with such care and precision, not a mistake. It almost seemed as though the action was automatic.
It took close to ten minutes, but the mark was finally done.

Anita took a sponge, solemnly soaked it in the Sacru Deer blood and handed it to Dimitri. He pressed it to my skin and I watched as the henna absorbed the blood, giving it a crimson red appearance. Now I see where we got the name Crimson Blood. Dimitri replaced he sponge and stood up, offering me his hand.

I took it and he led me to stand in front of Anita who would help me to conduct my swears. She held up the heirloom of Crimson Blood, a gold and silver crescent moon with a wolf covered in blood.

"Do you Artemis Evelyn Terry, hereby swear that you will protect, serve and guide this pack in all the ways that are right and just by werewolf law?"
"I do,"
"Do you swear that you will lead this pack with a fair hand, a clear and honest mind, and a pure heart?"
"I do,"
"Do you swear that you will honour your mate, honour the mate bond and honour the promises made when the Moon Goddess Selene paired you to him?"
"I do,"