68

Namjoon slammed the door in her face.

Seokjin was shocked. "Namjoon! Who was that?"

"Take Yoonie upstairs." Namjoon told him, in a low voice so Yoonie wouldn't hear.

"What's wrong?" Seokjin tightened his hold on the baby.

Yoonie squirmed in Seokjin's arms. "Yoonie heard kitty meow! Yoonie want pat its head and give kithes!"

Namjoon didn't know what Yoongi was planning, but he trusted his husband, and opened the door again.

He forced a smile. "Hi. Sorry about that. Do you mind if I-?" He grabbed the basket and looked into it.

A tiny, fluffy, white kitten blinked up at him and meowed. There was a pink collar around its neck, and Namjoon saw a rolled up note pinned to it.

He reached in and pulled out the tiny kitten, holding it in one hand while he grabbed the note with the other.

Sub,

There's video on the camcorder I want you to watch.

The kitten is for Yoonie. Tell him happy birthday for me.

-Yoongi

Namjoon looked over his shoulder, to where Seokjin was peering around the door at him anxiously.

"You can come in." Namjoon stepped back and opened the door, letting her inside.

Yoonie gasped, his eyes going wider than ever before when he saw the kitten Namjoon was holding.

"Is kitty..." The baby breathed, full of wonder and love.

Seokjin set him down and Namjoon did the same to the kitten, and Yoonie eagerly shuffled over, getting low to the ground to look at the small creature.

"Hi!" Yoonie held his finger out so the kitten could sniff it. "Am Yoonie! Nice meet you!"

The kitten bumped its nose against Yoonie's fingertip and Yoonie shrieked with laughter, rolling over.

The kitten batted at Yoonie's sweatshirt strings, trying to bite them and Yoonie giggled, rolling left and right, with the kitten following him.

Namjoon glanced at Song-Ara, who was watching the scene with a smile.

He grabbed Seokjin's shoulder and turned him away so he could whisper.

"Yoongi left a note saying there's a recording to watch, can you stay here with everyone while I do that quick?"

Seokjin nodded. "Sure."

Namjoon hurried up the stairs and raced to his and Yoongi's bedroom.

On the bed sat the familiar recorder, and he picked it up and powered it on. There was a new video on it and Namjoon sat down, pressing play.

It showed Yoongi holding the recorder up, smiling his gentle smile at the camera and Namjoon's heart clenched.

"Sub," Yoongi cooed. "I'm sure you're confused about what's going on, so let me explain. After I was shown a video of me and my mom from years ago, I searched for her and found out she does various jobs around the city, one of them being at a pet store. Yoonie forgave my father in the courtroom, and I know the baby doesn't have a mean bone in his body, so I know he would forgive her too. It's up to Yoonie to decide if he wants to reconnect with her. I've already decided that the only family I need is you and the others, but Yoonie is a mommy's boy, and he deserves the chance, at least. And if not, he still gets a kitten. Please pause the video now and get Yoonie to watch the next part."