35

Seokjin scanned the flashlight around the dark backyard. "I don't get it...what would Agust have done with Jungkook back here? There's nothing."

"Nothing but the garden," Hoseok wiped his eyes, ready to focus.

"What if he took him to a neighbors yard?" Jimin fretted. "Like, what if he dumped him in a garbage can?"

"Sounds like something Agust would do." Hoseok muttered.

"Okay, let's split up." Seokjin handed them each a flashlight. "I'll search this yard and you two each take the neighbors place. Keep calling him too, every three minutes so our calls don't cancel each other out."

The two nodded and hurried off, shouting Jungkook's name.

Seokjin looked back at the house, frowning. Where was Taehyung?

He sighed and shook his head, heading to the garden.

Namjoon was understandably angry and upset at them, Seokjin felt sick and horrible and was prepared to spend the rest of his life making it up to the boy. But he also knew Namjoon was more upset at the fact Yoongi had been taken from them than at the fact they had cut and choked him. Once they got Yoongi back safe and sound, Namjoon would calm down.

And Seokjin prayed and pleaded that Yoongi would get returned to them safe and sound.

He approached the garden and scanned the flashlight over the flowers, not seeing anything out of the oridna-

He smelled fresh dirt.

He shone his light a little farther ahead and saw a dirty shovel discarded, beside a patch of upturned dirt in a haunting rectangular shape.

His heart froze in horror.

"Jungkook!"

-

The others were at his side in moments, all of them frantically digging at the ground. It was faster than using the shovel and they didn't want to risk someone getting a finger cut off in the dark from someone using the shovel while they tried to dig.

"Jungkook!" Hoseok shouted. "Can you hear me?! JUNGKOOK!"

There was silence for a few long moments.

And then a weak knocking sound.

Jimin cried in relief, his hands shaking as he shoveled dirt away. "Please hold on, Kookie!"

His best friend, his caregiver, his everything.

To almost have his Kookie taken away in such a terrifying, cruel way, had Jimin convinced he would never forgive Agust.

They brushed enough dirt away to reveal a pine box and Seokjin pounded on it. "Jungkook! Can you hear us? We're almost there, just hold on a little longer!"

There was no answering knock, and terror struck the three boys.

"All of us- grab one end and heave!" Seokjin ordered, pushing them all to be sitting on one side of the hole. The lid didn't come with any sort of lock, and Agust hadn't fastened any type of one on, so they were able to grip the wooden edge of the lid and push it upwards, finally allowing fresh air to rush into the box.

"Jungkook- Jungkook!" Hoseok reached in and grabbed the boy's shirt, hauling him out.

Seokjin and Jimin let the lid fall, helping Hoseok drag the boy onto the cool grass.

Hoseok shone a flashlight on Jungkook's pale, bruised face. "Kook? Jungkook! Can you hear me?" He slapped the boys cheek a few times, desperation growing. "C'mon, bunny, c'mon...come on!"