37

Namjoon closed the door after the last police officer left, feeling numb and exhausted.

They had each all been interrogated and questioned, and Namjoon had finally gotten the officers attention away from them and directed it to where it should be: at Min Byungwoo.

They said they were searching for him, but they had nothing to go off of, and after searching the nearby areas where he was likely to be, they hadn't found a trace of the criminal or his hostage.

Namjoon sank onto the couch, too tired to go up the stairs to his room, and buried himself under a heavy blanket, wishing he could have Yoongi in his arms just one more time.

This was so much worse than last year, when Agust was holding Yoongi captive in his own mind. At least Namjoon still could hold the boy close and make sure he was physically okay.

But now, he was God knows where going through God knows what- and Namjoon could only cry because there wasn't a damn thing he could do to save him.

"Yoongi...baby..." he hugged himself under the blanket, curling up into a tight, small ball. "I...please, be okay. Please..."

He had Suga to protect him, Namjoon knew Suga was strong and would do anything to protect Yoongi, and he feared for the alters safety as well.

And poor, innocent baby Yoonie...he had no idea what was going on. He was having a playdate with Jiminie and then the next thing he knew, he would be staring into the face of the worst man alive.

The fact he wouldn't be able to punch Byungwoo and save Yoonie was enough to send him into a fresh depression and he sobbed.

"Namjoon...?" Seokjins hesitant voice sounded from above the blanket cave.

Namjoon ignored him, burying his face into the pillow. He didn't want to talk to anyone but Yoongi.

Or Jungkook.

But neither were possible right now.

"Namjoon...please."

Namjoon felt a dip in the couch as the boy sat down, and a hand touched his leg over the blanket. "Nam-"

"No!" Namjoon kicked out and Seokjin cried out, jumping up. "I told you! Don't ever fucking touch me again!"

Hoseok ran into the room after hearing Seokjin's cry. "Jin! Love!" He quickly helped the boy up. "You okay?"

Seokjin rubbed his bruised thigh and looked at the boy under the blanket with hurt eyes. He turned away and grabbed Hoseok close, crying silently into the boys chest.

Hoseok frowned as he held Seokjin close.

Understandably, Namjoon was not okay. But hurting the others and refusing to even look at them wasn't going to help save Yoongi.

But he also knew trying to tell this to Namjoon would be like trying to convince a brick wall to bend.

He sighed and guided Seokjin out of the living room. "It's okay, Jinnie. He just needs some time, probably some therapy too."

Seokjin sniffed and looked at him with watery eyes. "Where's Tae? I haven't seen him since last night."

"I don't know, he's not picking up his phone." Hoseok checked his device again, seeing the ten unanswered calls to Taehyung.

Seokjin buried his face back into Hoseok's shirt. "Why is all of this happening? I thought...we were going to be okay. His dad was locked away, Yoongi was here, Taehyung was here, Jungkook was here...everything was supposed to be okay."