59

When Yoongi woke up in pain once again, Namjoon decided it was time to have a talk with Agust about RM.

"It's fine," Yoongi tried to tell him, but the fact he couldn't even sit up without wheezing and wincing in pain was enough to make Namjoon determined. "Sub! Don't you dare ruin this for me!" He shouted as Jungkook pinned him to the bed, first aid kit at the ready.

"Agust." Namjoon found him the next day cooking with Jimin and Seokjin in the kitchen. "We need to talk."

Agust turned around, the front of his apron covered in flour, seasonings and a whole raw egg. "Namjoon! Just in time- here, try this!"

He held out a bowl of something green and Namjoon made a face at the smell.

Seokjin quickly intervened, grabbing the bowl and tossing whatever was inside into the garbage. "He's trying."

"We're helping Seokjinnie bake some new treats for his bakery!" Jimin beamed, eating raw sugar right from the jar. "Wanna help us, JoonJoon?"

"Maybe later," Namjoon gave him a smile. "I need to talk to Agust."

Agust slid off his messy apron and stuck it against an unsuspecting Taehyung, who was walking past.

"Ah!" Taehyung gasped at the cold, raw egg seeping onto his shirt.

Agust giggled and followed Namjoon into the empty living room.

"I'm glad you're having fun." Namjoon saw the way everyone was laughing as they baked, and the mess in the kitchen was evident enough they had had a food fight. "I'm really glad to see everyone being comfortable with you."

Agust beamed. "Me too! Jimin is trusting me again and Seokjin even asked me to help with his bakery! Like- his whole business and his dream!"

He looked at the ground. "It feels really...nice."

Namjoon smiled, then remembered and his expression dropped with a sigh. "Listen...Agust...there's...something I need to tell you..."

Agust looked up. "What's wrong?"

Namjoon hesitated, not wanting to ruin the alters happy day. "I..."

Agust didn't like seeing Namjoon looking tortured. The student was the alters favorite person in the world, after all.

"Don't push yourself." Agust said. "You can tell me when you're ready."

Namjoon looked pained. "Trust...is a two way street. And I've...been lying to you."

Agust stepped back, like he had been shot. "What...?"

"Agustie!" Jimin poked his head out of the kitchen. "The cookies are done! Come get one."

Agust was distracted, and when he looked back at Namjoon, the student was already gone.

The alter frowned.

He had just finally gotten RM to forgive him, things were supposed to be wrapping up into his happy ending. Everyone was starting to love and trust him.

"Namjoon...what are you doing?"