15

Namjoon was frozen, his mind scrambling to figure out what to say.

Jungkook crossed his arms as he looked at him, patiently waiting for a response.

Finally Namjoon got over his initial shock to stutter out: "H...how could you possibly know that?"

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "I didn't, actually, until you confirmed it for me just now."

And Namjoons mind went blank once again.

"I could tell something was up with you, and at first I thought it was just the news about Yoongi's dad. But then I woke you up from that nightmare, and I knew it had to be about Agust. You asked for Yoongi then, remember? You were going to tell him something about Agust, weren't you?" Jungkook asked.

Namjoon opened his mouth to lie, then sighed, hanging his head.

"Why can't I ever be the smartest, most dominant person in the room whenever you or Yoongi are here?" He sat on the boys bed, rubbing his hands over his face. "I used to be a king before I signed up for his class."

Jungkook sat beside him, rubbing the boys broad back comfortingly. "Joon, please tell me what's going on. I can help."

Namjoon sighed, raising his head. "Not this time, Kook."

Jungkooks eyes narrowed in determination. "Try me."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. "He's thought of everything. I can't trick him, he'll hurt everyone, especially Yoongi, if I try."

"What does he want?" Jungkook asked.

"He wants RM. I'm not sure why, but it's obviously not for any good reason." Namjoon started thinking again about the problem. "He can also take over whenever now, without Yoongi noticing."

Jungkook was shocked. "What- how?!"

"He's gotten more powerful since last time, and he usually does it when Yoongi is asleep, so he doesn't even realize time is missing." Namjoon explained. "He said he wanted him and RM to meet up every night after everyone's gone to bed, and from there I don't know what happens."

Jungkook bounced his leg, thinking hard now too.

"I just don't want him to hurt anyone, so I can't risk trying to stop him." Namjoon sighed. "I don't know what to do. The game has changed and I don't know how to play it anymore."

"That's fine, we'll figure it out together." Jungkook was confident. "What if we installed security cameras to see what they do at night? Maybe that could give us a clue on how to stop Agust."

"What if one of the others see it?" Namjoon asked. "They'll ask what it's about and I don't want to worry them. Plus if Agust sees it he could just immediately kill himself- and Yoongi."

Jungkook thought some more. "We could just set up a tape recorder under the couch or something. Even just audio could give us a clue."

"That might work." Namjoon looked off into the distance.

He already felt better working with Jungkook on this. His stress had been alleviated, and he felt like he could relax a little now. He and Jungkook could always figure out an answer to something.

"Thanks, Koo." Namjoon smiled warmly at him. "I mean it...thank you."

Jungkook laughed. "I haven't saved the day yet."

"No, but you will." Namjoon was sure of it.

Jungkook blushed. "I just want to keep my family safe."