17

"Can I take you somewhere?" Agust asked suddenly.

RM blinked. "Where? Why?"

It was just past midnight, and he had just taken over, and he needed a second to process what the older alter was saying.

"Come on, I want to show you something." Agust urged, sliding off the bed.

He was still in the pajamas Yoongi had pulled on a few hours ago, and RM assumed they couldn't be going far if he wasn't bothering to change out of them.

He followed Agust out of the room and down the hall, to a spare bedroom no one was currently sleeping in.

Agust went to the window and opened it, peeking his head out into the cool midnight air.

He grinned at the emptiness of the dark street, before climbing out the window.

RM raced over. "Stop! What are you doing?"

Agust chuckled, his hands gripping the edge of the roof, pulling himself up. "Calm down, baby. I've done this before."

RM watched him climb onto the roof, poking his head out the window as well.

"Why are we doing this?" He questioned, following the alters lead.

Agust reached a hand down to help him onto the tiled roof as well. "Because no one else does this, so it can be our place."

"I don't want it to be our place," RM scowled, brushing his knees off. "I want to kill you."

Agust spread his arms, enjoying the breeze that shook the trees. "It's nice up here. You can be alone and watch everything going on down below."

RM looked around, seeing Agust was right. They had a good view of the neighborhood, and while there was no activity going on at this time of night, he could imagine they would be able to see a lot from here in the day time.

"So now what?" He asked, just standing there.

Agust leaned against the chimney, sitting down on the roof. "Now we talk."

"Talk?!" RM was astonished. "Just...talk?"

"Yeah." Agust nodded. He patted the spot beside him.

RM stayed where he was standing, crossing his arms. "I don't want to talk."

"I know, I know, you want to kill me." Agust huffed. "Get in line behind me, baby."

RM watched him in silence for a few moments, thinking. Finally he walked over and sat down a few feet away from Agust, facing him.

"Should I go first or do you want to?" Agust asked, looking up at the stars.

"For what?"

"Talking. Just saying anything."

"I don't have anything to say."

"Then I guess I'll go first." Agust said. "I'll let you in on a little secret, baby alter."

"Not a baby." RM scowled on cue.

"You wanna know what I want most in the entire world?" Agust sighed, resting his head against the brick chimney.

RM scoffed. "To take over the world? Kill a bunch of orphans?"

"I want to talk to Yoongi. Have a one on one conversation with him. I know it's impossible, but I hate only being able to communicate via notes. It's not the same. I need him to listen my words coming from me, and hear the emotion in my voice. I...I..." Agust trailed off, looking at nothing.

RM looked at him. "Why? What do you need to tell him thats so important?"

Agust was silent for a few moments, before snapping out of his thoughts. He smiled at the younger alter. "Nothing you need to worry your cute little head about."

RM ignored the slight. "You could record yourself saying a message to him. And he could send one back. It's still not the same as talking face to face with him, but since that's impossible, it's as close as you can get."

Agust regarded him. "Hm. Maybe." He grinned. "Maybe there are some baby braincells in that baby mind of yours."

RM glared. "I will push you off this roof, no hesitation."

Agust laughed. "It's cute when you talk dirty."

RM glared, then looked away. "There's something I want too. More than I want to kill you, I want something else more."

"Oh yeah?" Agust was intrigued. "What's that?"

But RM didn't answer him.

Finally Agust stood up and stretched. "Well, it's getting late and I don't want to risk Yoongi finding out about our little late night dates. Let's head back."

RM followed him back to the edge of the roof, above the window.

Agust set his feet on the windowsill, his fingers gripping the edge of the scratchy tiles carefully as he-

He gasped when he suddenly lost his grip, his body falling backwards-

A hand suddenly grabbed his, and Agust's other hand shot out and grabbed the edge of the roof again.

It was quiet for a moment as both boys caught their breath, trying to calm down.

Agust blinked up at RM's face, seeing the boys normally neutral expression had turned serious, his eyes wide as he gripped Agust's shirt with a shaking hand, leaning over the edge of the roof.

"Whoa," Agust laughed. "Nothing like a near death experience to get your heart racing."

"Get inside before I let go." RM scowled.

Agust chuckled but obliged, his heart racing as he finally touched down on soft carpet inside the bedroom.

RM followed a moment later, shutting the window behind them.

They exited the room, heading back to Yoongi and Namjoon's bedroom, but then Agust hesitated outside the doorway.

"You're not sleeping yet?" RM paused as well, his hand on the doorknob.

"Not yet." Agust shook his head. "I gotta think about some stuff first."

RM nodded, opening the door.

"You're not even going to say goodnight?" Agust teased.

"No." RM slammed the door in his face.

Agust chuckled, continuing down the hallway.

He paused outside of Jimin's room, but it was empty.

The pinkette must be rooming with Jungkook, he mused.

He shut the door and continued down the hallway to a bathroom, ducking inside it and shutting the door behind him.

He flicked on the lights and stared at his reflection.

He wished Yoongi was staring back at him, so they could talk. But of course that was impossible.

"What's so great about you that everyone loves you so much?" He whispered.

"Please tell me."

"I want to know."

"I want to...be the same."

"I want to be...loved."