56

Today was the day.

Agust woke up a little after seven, sitting up straight and looked over to the still sleeping Namjoon.

He slid out of bed carefully, not wanting to wake him just yet.

Tiptoe-ing to the door, he opened it slowly and peered into the hallway, relieved to see it empty.

It was early morning on Saturday, so hopefully no one was awake yet.

He hurried down the stairs and into the kitchen, seeing Jungkook was there already, pouring himself some coffee.

"Morning." Jungkook nodded at him, holding out a white mug. "Want some?"

Agust shook his head, already jittery without the caffeine.

"Is everything here?" The alter went to the table, where a couple packages sat, delivered from Amazon last night.

He opened one, pulling out the decorations inside.

"How did you buy this?" Jungkook asked as he walked over. "You don't have a job, or money."

"No, but Taehyung does." Agust grinned, holding up the banner he had ordered with the boys credit card.

Jungkook sighed. "That's stealing, you can't do that. And why do you keep targeting him?"

"It's funny. Now help me set this up." Agust handed one end to the boy.

"Please and thank you?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow, taking it anyways.

"Come on, we're buddy bro's now. We're past that basic shit." Agust insisted.

"You tried to kill me two weeks ago." Jungkook reminded him.

"You're never going to let that go, huh?" Agust sighed. "I have bad days too, bunny."

Jungkook grabbed some tape and helped him stick the banner to the wall above the kitchen. "Most people's bad days don't end with attempted murder."

"I'm still learning." Agust pouted, making sure the banner was straight.

Jungkook helped the alter set everything up, trying to be quiet to not wake anyone else up yet.

It was nearly ten by the time they had finished and cleaned up, and Agust's heart had started to pound when the time drew nearer.

He had done all he could, and now everything was in the hands of the other residents of the house.

"Agust." Jungkook laid a hand on the alters shoulder.

Agust faced him, looking into the boys deep expression.

"Whatever happens today, I'm with you. I'm forever by your side now, and I'll never leave you. You're just as much part of my family as anyone else here." Jungkook smiled genuinely at him. "I love you."

Agust was stunned to hear that, and it took him a few moments to remember how to speak.

He swallowed hard and nodded, his voice soft. "Th-thank you, Jungkook."

He shuffled a tiny step closer and hesitantly hugged the boy, laying his cheek on Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around the alter tightly, holding him for as long as Agust needed.

Finally the alter stepped back, scrubbing his eyes with the sleeves of Yoongi's shirt.

Footsteps came down the stairs, and Agust snapped his head up to see everyone coming down.