57

This story is so self indulgent lmao I'm so sorry but not really

Obviously I'm agusts whore but suga do be hitting that sweet spot in my heart uwu 💓

Small warning: panic attacks, angst, inaccurate portrayal of D.I.D.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Namjoon was getting the bed ready with fresh sheets when there came a knock on the door.

Wondering who was actually knocking in this house, he went to the door and opened it, pleasantly surprised to see Suga standing there, looking nervous.

"I should have known, you're the most polite and respectful one here," Namjoon chuckled, opening the door wider and stepping back to let the alter in. "Hey Su, what's up? How are you?"

"...fine." Suga answered, stepping inside the room. He clearly wasn't fine, and the way he was anxiously playing with his fingers showed it.

Namjoon frowned. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Suga hesitated. "I'm not trying to burden you..."

"You not telling me would burden me." Namjoon guided the alter to the soft bed and sat him on it, sitting beside him. "You can always tell me anything, Min Suga. I hope you know that."

Suga nodded, looking down at his hands in his lap. "Thank you, Namjoon."

Namjoon stayed silent, rubbing the alters back softly as he waited patiently for the boy to tell him what was wrong.

"I love Yoongi..." Suga finally said a few long moments later, not looking at Namjoon.

"He loves you too." Namjoon assured him with a warm smile. "You're his angel."

Suga let out a sob at the words, and quickly slapped a hand over his mouth to hide it.

Namjoon was alarmed. "Hey, it's okay! I'm sorry- please tell me what's wrong so I can help!"

Suga shook his head and after he regained himself, he removed his hand and let out a long sigh. "I'm...not."

Namjook frowned. "Not?"

"Not Yoongi's angel." Suga whispered. "At least not anymore."

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon slid closer, wrapping an arm around the alter. "Of course you are! You're a badass! Even more than Agust!"

Suga glanced to the side, away from Namjoon. "Maybe at first." He frowned. "No...actually not at all."

"Su-"

Suga finally faced him, angry tears in his eyes and Namjoon's words caught in his throat.

"Think about it." Suga whispered fiercely. "My job is to protect Yoongi. Thats the whole reason I was created. And yet...there is not one thing I've ever done that has protected him. I've taken over during some of the times when his father was hurting him, but what did that do? Buy him another night? I should have been the one to call the police and actually save Yoongi...I should have been the hero, but Agust was instead."

"Suga...you seriously can't say what you did for Yoongi was nothing!" Namjoon shook his head.

"It was!" Suga hissed. "He still woke up in that terrible house! Just down the hall from that monster! Every single day for years! He still woke up dirty and in pain. All I did was send him to the background for a couple hours, I didn't pull him out of the situation like I should have. I didn't protect him, I just spared him a few times."

He hung his head, his hands against his face. "I have one job and I can't do even do it."

Namjoon held back tears of his own at the way Suga was beating himself up.