43

Seeing his father so suddenly like that came as such a shock to Yoongi that he didn't feel the fear for a few long moments.

He just stared, his mind blank, his voice gone.

For a split second, he felt calm.

Because Suga should take over, and Yoongi could run and hide in the safety of his own mind.

But then, Byungwoo's smirking face didn't disappear, and Yoongi came crashing back to reality when he realized Suga hadn't taken over.

Couldn't take over.

With a sudden scream, Yoongi yanked himself away, losing balance and falling on his back, kicking blankets and stuffed animals away as he shuffled backwards to the farthest end of the cage.

"No! I- you- how-" He cried, a panic attack looming. He grabbed a blanket and threw it over himself, desperate to hide himself from his fathers eyes. He was breathing so fast he could feel himself getting light headed.

He was on his own, he was on his own-

"Holy shit, why is he so scared of you?" Park gasped. "Doll, come here! It's okay! I'll-"

"Shut the fuck up." Byungwoo shoved the other man away. "Get out!"

"What- but-"

"Out!" Byungwoo grabbed Park's shirt and shoved him out of the room, slamming the door shut and locking it.

Yoongi tried not to cry as he heard Byungwoo walked back to the cage, feeling trapped and helpless.

"Come here, Yoon." Byungwoo commanded.

Yoongi flinched and curled up tighter under the blanket.

Suga, Agust, Yoonji, please, help me-

"Now, Yoon." Byungwoo growled.

Yoongi ignored him, trembling under the blanket with his face buried in his hands.

A hand suddenly shot into the cage and grabbed the blanket, yanking it off of Yoongi.

"Namjoon!" Yoongi screamed, sitting up and cowering as far away as he could. "Namjoon!"

"Listen to me," Byungwoo ordered. "Bring out Yoonie now, or else I'll come in there."

Yoongi just shook his head, shoulders shaking as he sobbed. "Leave me alone! Please! Just go away!"

"Bring him out!" Byungwoo snapped, punching the cage and making everything rattle.

Yoongi flinched again but shook his head. "No! You'll hurt him!"

Byungwoo paused. "Hurt...?" He shook his head.

"No, I could never. Not after what he did for me...back in the courtroom."

It took Yoongi a few moments to understand the mans words, and he slowly lifted his face from his hands, tears drying on his cheeks.

"What...do you mean?" He asked, voice shaky.

Byungwoo had an expression on his face that Yoongi had never seen before.

"He...hugged me. And...forgave me."

Yoongi was stunned to hear that.

All this time, he had referred to Yoonie as just a baby, a tiny little thing who didn't understand much, but after hearing what the sweet, kind alter did for such a horrible man had Yoongi thinking Yoonie knew more than all of them.

"I want to talk to him again." Byungwoo confessed.

He picked up a stuffed animal, a puppy, and held it out for Yoongi to take. "So...bring him out. Please."