46

Taehyung sat down at the bar, feeling...nothing. He had slept in his car the night before and he knew he looked like it.

There was too much to feel, too much to think about, too much to cry over, so he went to the one place that would fix all that.

"Just get me whatever you have that's the strongest." He muttered to the bartender.

He was halfway done with his drink when someone sat down beside him.

"Hey Hwang, I'm here to pay my bill." The man said cheerfully.

"Already, Park?" The bartender walked over. "Usually you're always late."

The man shrugged, pulling out some cash. "I came into some money recently."

"Well fuck yeah," the bartender slid him a drink. "This ones on the house then."

Park took the drink happily. "I guess I can stay for a little bit."

He looked around as he sipped the drink, and noticed Taehyung laying his head on the bar. "You okay man? Maybe you should head home."

Taehyung sighed and lifted his head. "Can't."

"Damn." Park made a face. "That sucks."

"Yeah," Taehyung stared at nothing. "It really fucking does."

"She kick you out?" Park asked.

"Not exactly, but he said if I ever show my face there again he'll kill me, so..." Taehyung shrugged.

Park winced. "Ouch. What did you do?"

Taehyung didn't answer, his thoughts swirling.

"Well not to brag, but I just got a new girl." Park said. "And a boy!" He chuckled.

"Mm."

"Hey, some men have to lose so others can gain." Park said, and Taehyung wondered how that was supposed to cheer him up.

"Let me pay for your drink." Park insisted. "I don't know of you heard, but I'm kinda rich now."

Taehyung watched as the man slid the bartender money on his behalf.

"Cheer up." Park patted Taehyung's shoulder. "There's other fish in the sea."

Taehyung shook his head. "There's no one like Yoongi."

Park paused. "Huh. What are the odds."

The mans phone rang and he quickly answered it. "Hey Lee- whoa whoa whoa calm down, I'm not far! Just at the bar, jeez."

Taehyung glanced at him and Park made an exaggerated facial expression. "Alright alright, chill, I'll head back. He's knocked out anyways, why are you so- okay! Fine!"

He hung up. "Christ."

"That your boss?" Taehyung asked.

"He acts like it." Park scowled.

"Who's knocked out?" Taehyung sipped his drink, cringing at the strong taste.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. No one." Park jumped up. "I better get going, hope things turn around for you, man!"

Taehyung watched him go, still numb.

He needed another dri-

Wait.

Taehyung frowned, staring holes into the countertop as he forced his foggy mind to think.

"...got a new girl!...and a boy!"

"Yoongi...what are the odds?"

"He's knocked out..."

Taehyung nearly fell off the barstool, leaving his phone and drink behind in his haste to bolt outside.

The cool air slapped him in the face, clearing his mind a little bit, and he saw a car pulling out of the lot.

"Fuck!"

He watched the car leave, knowing there was no way he could chase it, and he was still too drunk to drive after it in his own car.

He didn't have any proof that that man took Yoongi, but he had a feeling, and right now, that was enough conviction as if Park had confessed.

He raced back inside, running up to the bartender.

"Excuse me, that man, Park, uh, what's his address?" Taehyung asked.

The bartender looked at him. "Weirdo."

"What- no! I'm his friend!" Taehyung lied. "Didn't you see him buy my drink? Look, he forgot his phone so I'm returning it to him."

The bartender studied him for a long moment, before shrugging. "Whatever."

He left for a moment, and came back with an opened envelope in his hand. He passed it to Taehyung. "Here, it's an old bill. His address is on it."

"Thank you," Taehyung tried to keep himself calm as he shoved it in his pocket and walked to his car.

He took a few moments to compose himself, not wanting to get into a car crash before he could save Yoongi.

Finally, he put the car in drive, and went to his old home, hoping he could at least talk to Namjoon before the boy killed him.