23

Min Byungwoo never considered himself a religious person, but by the way his luck was going, he now fully believed someone up there was looking out for him.

First, he was running low on cash, so he had stopped at a dingy gas station to get something cheap to eat, and the first thing he noticed when he stepped inside was the maintenance guy up on a ladder, working on the security camera.

"Not working?" Byungwoo called up as he slowly walked the aisles, grabbing a few snacks.

"Stupid drunk driver knocked his car into our electricity box last night." The man grunted, clearly annoyed. "Knocked out the power to everything. Only reason the lights are on is 'cause of the backup generator, but of course the cams are connected separately."

"Damn teenagers, huh?" Byungwoo ducked his head to hide his grin.

"Idiots." The man shook his head, climbing down the ladder. "Are you still deciding what you want?"

"I'll be taking a minute, you can step out if you need to." Byungwoo nodded.

"Just a piss break quick, you need gas?" The man asked.

"Nah, just grabbing snacks, I'll wait." Byungwoo said, grabbing a bag of chips.

The man nodded and hurried into the bathroom.

Byungwoo raced to the counter, leaning over it and opening the cash register.

He grabbed all the bills, forgoing the coins, and tucked his stolen snacks under one arm, racing out of there before the man came out.

He didn't stop until he was far enough away, and leaned against a brick wall of a liquor store to catch himself. He stuffed the wad of cash into his pocket, setting his drinks and snacks on the sidewalk at his feet.

It was as he was bending over to light a cigarette that the door of the flower shop next to him opened, and two people walked out.

One of them was pushing a cart, while the other held a giant pine box.

Even from the back, Byungwoo recognized his son instantly.

He quickly pulled his black cap down to obscure his face, peeking out from underneath the brim to watch the two boys walk to a black car.

The one Byungwoo recognized from the school trial last year opened the back of the car, unloading the cart inside while Yoongi watched.

When the boy was done, Yoongi stood up on his tip toes and kissed him.

Byungwoo's eyebrows raised.

He thought Yoongi was with that other boy- the one with dimples. Did they break up or something? Well whatever, Byungwoo didn't care who his son was dating, he would be ripping them apart soon enough.

Just then, a yellow taxi pulled into the parking lot, and Byungwoo just laughed at his good luck.

He hurried over to the car before the driver could even get out.

"Hey, how much to just follow the black car?" He nodded at the one his son and the other boy were climbing into.

The driver frowned. "I just finished my shift man, sorry."

Byungwoo dug into his pocket and pulled out some of the cash he had stolen. "No, I think you finish in five minutes, don't you?"

The drivers eyes widened, and he snatched up the cash. "I finish in five minutes." He nodded, counting the money.

Byungwoo smirked, sliding into the backseat.

-

The drive was shorter than Byungwoo had been expecting, and when he saw the black car pull into the long driveway of a mansion, his eyes shot open in shock.

His son had scored the jackpot of all sugar daddies, it seemed.

"Good boy." He whispered approvingly.

The taxi slowed to a stop on the other side of the street, a couple yards away from the house Yoongi and the other boy were heading into.

Byungwoo took in all the surroundings. He would have to come at night, for sure. All these rich people would be too on guard during the day, but at night they would drop their guard, expecting their security systems to protect them.

And on a normal day, they would. But the gas station had given him an idea, and his poor, unlucky son would get taken on the one night his alarms mysteriously stopped working.

"Hypothetical question," Byungwoo said to the driver, not taking his eyes off the house. "How much money would you get in insurance if this car was to get totaled?"

"It's a company car, so it wouldn't cost me anything." The driver scoffed. "If anything, they would have to pay me out for my injuries on company time. God knows that would piss my dick of a boss off."

"You hate your boss?" Byungwoo grinned.

Too. Fucking. Perfect.

"What's your name?"

"Park."

"Just Park?"

"Yep."

"Perfect. You see that house there? Number 11032?"

"I have working eyeballs, yes."

"It gets its electricity from the gate house we passed when we turned onto this street, remember? All these houses do."

"Wow, fascinating. Tell me more."

"Hypothetically speaking, if a car was to crash into that gate house and knock out all the power to these houses, you wouldn't say anything right?"

"Why would I break my neck for you?" The driver scoffed.

"Wear your seat belt and don't floor it, you'll be fine." Byungwoo looked back at the house, seeing movement in the window.

"As fun as it would be to piss off my boss, I'll get fired for purposely destroying this car. And I still need income for my family." Park said.

"Ah, but it won't be on purpose. You were swerving to avoid a kid that ran into the road. You're a hero." Byungwoo patted the mans shoulder.

"Who's going to believe that with no evidence?" Park raised an eyebrow.

"I'll call a tip into the police from a disposable phone or a payphone, and let them know that's exactly what happened. Without anything to prove that wasn't the case, your company won't have any choice but to pay you out, unless they want to risk being sued and going through all that shit, which I can promise you they don't. You get a settlement, your boss is pissed and the power goes out to 11032. It's a win-win-win." Byungwoo said.

Park looked at him suspiciously. "What do you want with whoever lives in 11032?"

"The less we both know about each other, the better." Byungwoo said.

Park shrugged. "Okay, whatever. When do you want me to do this? Tonight?"

"No," Byungwoo faced the house. "Not yet, I'm not ready. But soon."

"How will I know when to do it then?" Park sighed.

"What's your number?" Byungwoo asked. "I'll call you when it's time."

Park gave the man his info, and watched him climb out of his car, pulling his black cap down low over his face.

"Hey, what's your name?" Park rolled down his window and called.

"Me? I'm Lee." Byungwoo said.

"Just Lee?"

"Yep."

"Well Mr. Lee, you have a good night, and I'll be expecting a phone call soon." Park said.

Byungwoo smirked under his cap as he walked away.

"We're both expecting good things soon. Have patience, Parkie, because good things come to those who wait."