Friends - Lando Norris & Carlos Sainz

Requested by: sarahwtmn. I hope you like it!

The first race of the season was done. Your brother, Carlos Sainz, couldn't finish the race because the motor of the car stopped working. It sucked, like a lot. It was the first race of the season, and you wanted him to do well, to have a good start of the season. His new teammate, Lando Norris, finished P12, just out of the points. It wasn't a good start for McLaren.

You waited at the McLaren motorhome for your brother to arrive. He walked towards you with his teammate Lando next to him.

'Y/N!' Carlos greeted you and hugged you.

'Sorry about the race,' you said.

'Yeah, it sucked. We'll do better next time.'

'I know you will.' You turned to Lando. 'Hi, I'm Y/N, Carlos, his sister.'

'Lando, nice to meet you.' Lando looked at Carlos. 'You never told me you have a sister.'

You looked at Carlos. 'You don't talk about me. Ouch.' You pretend to be hurt.

Carlos rolled his eyes. 'Don't be dramatic. I have told Lando, he probably forgot.'

'No, I don't think I would,' Lando mumbled.

'Well, it's a good thing that I'm the favourite already because you didn't score some points here, Carlos.'

'You're not the favourite. I am. But you kids chat for a bit. I'll grab my stuff,' Carlos said and walked into the motorhome.

Lando sat down beside you. 'How did you like the race?'

'I should be asking you that. It was your first F1 race!'

A big smile grew on Lando his face. 'It was awesome. Sadly, we couldn't finish within the points, but I think for a first race I can't really complain.'

'It was really good to see you out there. You drove well.'

'Thanks, Y/N.'

You and Lando chatted for a bit and waited until Carlos came back.

'I'll see you around Lando,' you said as you walked away with Carlos.

'He is a great guy,' you told Carlos.

'He is, but don't get anything your little head. No dating F1 drivers.'

You rolled your eyes. Carlos has said that ever since he joined Formula one and you have no idea why. But you didn't see yourself getting romantically involved with Lando. He was a great guy, and you clicked immediately, but on a friendship level.

*

You arrived in Bahrain. The race wasn't until next week, but many drivers didn't fly home, but straight to Bahrain. Carlos and Lando were one of them. You only knew Lando for a few days, but you were already getting close friends. You sat the whole flight next to him and watched a stupid movie. It was so bad that you laughed at everything - annoying the entire plane in the process. But the two of you had fun.

'I'll see you in 10 minutes?' Lando asked as you both stood in front of your hotel doors.

'Yes. I'll see you in ten.' You disappeared into the hotel room and quickly got yourself ready.

'What are you doing?' Carlos asked as he walked in as well.

'I'm going to go for a run, with Lando. Or at least, that's the plan.'

'Why?' Carlos was confused. You weren't the running type.

'Well, Lando asked if we could hang out, then he remembered he had to work out, just something easy, and I said that I could join him, so that's what I'm going to do.'

Carlos started to laugh. 'You're insane. You, running. I want to see that happening.'

You rolled your eyes. 'You should be scared. Before you know it, I'll be faster than you.' With that being said, you walked out of the hotel room, at the same time as Lando.

'Perfect timing,' he smiled.

'Good luck. I'm curious how long she can last,' Carlos laughed.

You turned around and saw him standing in the doorway. 'We're going,' you said and pulled Lando with you.

'What did Carlos mean by that?'

'I'm not the running type. I sometimes do it, but I'm not the fastest, and Carlos knows that, so he likes to annoy me, knowing that I'll be running with you.'

'Or we could just run a few miles and then sit on a bench and do nothing. Sounds way better than running for... I don't know how long.'

You laughed. You knew for sure that you and Lando were going to be good friends.